What are the rules for "pursing" two women at the same time?

My friend felt that I had been "settling" for women that aren't really my type and suggested I try online dating so that I can get to know more people. I took his advice and met a woman after messaging back and forth for about a week and a half. We met, got to know each other a bit. She seems nice and fun and I like what I know about her so far.

The complication is that there is another woman. I met her ~3 months ago at a friends party and I saw her standing there by herself so I talked to her a bit and introduced her around before I left. Maybe a month later we crossed paths at another hangout with mutual friends, we ended up spending pretty much the entire time talking to each other, but I still didn't really think of her as a romantic interest. I saw her again the next week and I could tell she was nervous and she was really wanting to talk to me so I knew she was interested. Got her number, went out, and since then things have been going extremely well.

What are the "rules" for this kind of situation? I don't want to lead anyone on, especially since I have a lot more interest in one than the other. My friend told me that I shouldn't worry about it until there is an agreement on exclusivity. He asked me what I would I do if one of the girls was hanging out with another guy she had interest in, and I said I'd step up and be more assertive. He said exactly, and that women do the same and sometimes are even more competitive than men. Is that true?

Any advice on how to handle the situation?

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly I wouldn't mention to the women involved that you are seeing someone else. Yes women and competitive and sometimes clingy, and although I wouldn't like it if a guy did that to me, ultimately you are doing nothing wrong. You need only make a decision when the question of being exclusive comes up. But for now enjoy the fact that you are young and able to have this decision :) x

What Girls Said 2

• Just keep it casual at first. Make sure they aren't aware of each other too. But don't drag this on forever, you have to make a decision eventually otherwise it will turn into utter chaos.

• Make sure they don't know each other.

What Guys Said 1

• You would need a really big purse to fit two woman inside.

But I think you meant *Pursuing.

• But what if he really means "pursing"? I guess the answer would be to be sure to use a purse large enough to hold both of them.