Is it important if a girl has a better lifestyle than guys?

I mean, I've dated with guys who has less money than me, & for me it's not important, but it looks like for them it is. They start to cancel dates or not accept invitations to clubs or something like that.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the title is misleading. Correct me if I am wrong but in this case you are talking about financial positions I believe?

It will be harder for men to impress a woman who is financially superior to them. I've been there before and I can tell you even the woman did not care, I still feel very tremendous pressure when I gave gifts for special occassions. Good quality stuff costs. I am not talking about throwing money at her. Even if he put a lot of effort in thinking what type of gift to give, at the end of the day you have to spend at least certain amount of money to get decent quality.

Now here comes the important part. Decent quality for you might mean premium quality for him. This goes for restaurants, clubs, drinks, planning for a trip, activities etc. and most men do not like to admit when we cannot afford things, because it hurts our ego. We seldom admit when our ego gets hurt, but we usually try our best to avoid these situations. Being with a financially superior woman is a challenge for most men, especially at the start, when both are trying to figure out each others' expectations and trying to establish an impression and pattern of interaction. When things get uncomfortable for men, dates get cancelled.

Here are some discussion on the topic. Hopefully they are helpful for you.
    http://goo.gl/TyBIV7
    http://goo.gl/sBKJdy

Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• I would hope my romantic interest has a better lifestyle than mine. ( not talking about financially)
    I would want my lady to be happy with and do what she enjoys. I'm not a clubbing guy, got over it but I would go for really special occasions. I don't mind if my lady went to the club with her friends without me.

• Your a pretty little girlie girl!

Does not matter. Ego don't get in my way. If I was lucky to have a gal like you I'd be grateful if one of us has some $. If dates were always Dutch, then I would not go out with her unless I could afford it. We would only do free / cheap stuff and lots of sex!

• I think deciding who has a better life style is a matter of opinion.

• Definetly!

• I didn't think about it until my ex-bf told me that I was a "fancy lady" and I was very different to the girl he had met.

• Ya it's not a plus.

• Oh yesssss. For example, If she exercises every morning. it will encourage us to do the same.

• It use to not matter to me because women kept saying it didn't matter to them. Now I am certain that it does matter to most women no matter what they may say otherwise. A woman making significantly more than me is an instant deal breaker now. This has nothing to do with ego. I just don't believe I will find a woman that really doesn't care about it.

• I don't care about it, if i really like someone, I could tell him to go to the park, go for an ice cream, watch movies at home, u know? Like situations in which we don't spend money, but they just don't want to. It happened with my ex-bf

What Girls Said 1

• Well if you're going out all the time and to expensive places then they will have to start declining if they earn less. When you're comfortably wealthy it's very easy to forget how a few drinks or a meal out can break your budget for the week.