I've been using dating sites for a few years now. Met a lot of different women, but I feel like it's kinda similar to applying for jobs in many ways.
1. There's a wide variety of people on there just like there are jobs.
2. Having a good appearance (all subjective) is like having a degree. If they look good to a guy/girl or employer, it gets your foot in the door.
3. Dates feel like interviews in the sense that the first one is to see how compatible you are in dating just like how companies see if you're a good fit for the interview.
4. 2nd and 3rd dates are like the 3rd or 4th interviews as in seeing if you're relationship material as well as seeing if you're a good candidate for the employee.
5. A relationship forms, depending on intentions of both parties, just like how you get the job.
Anyone else see the similarities? And the pros and cons of online dating?
Most Helpful Girl
I definitely agree with your analogy here. Dating is a lot like looking for a job. You put your application out (dating profile), get dressed up for the date (interview), and ask a lot of questions to see if the person is suitable for the position.
Lastly if you don't here from them, you most likely failed the date (interview) and did not get the job (gf/bf).
Both of which can be devastating!
But if you keep putting them out, you keep trying you will eventually find someone.1