What's the point in dating anyone other than a rich older woman?

What actually are the pros? I can't seem to see any. Only downsides - lose money, lose time, gain absolutely nothing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Pros of dating someone other than a rich older woman:

1. You won't be treated like her personal pet.
    2. Love.
    3. You'd be with someone you're genuinely attracted to.
    4. You'd be motivated to get your own job and pay your own way.
    5. You might be happy with someone your age/poor.
    6. You could be with someone you have things in common with.
    7. You could build a lifetime relationship with someone who won't be forgetting her own name when you're 40.
    8. Love.
    9. Money can't buy you happiness young grasshopper.
    10. You could have kids/raise a family.
    11. You won't be a shallow, selfish, manipulative prick who is either conning a desperate older woman or is allowing an older woman to use you as her personal sex object in exchange for spare cash.

Cons of people who won't date someone other than a rich older woman dating someone who is not a rich older woman:

1. They wouldn't deserve it
    2. Some poor woman would be stuck with a total d**khead.

What Girls Said 3

• That's a narcissistic thought.

• She will trade you in for a younger model as you get older

• So? I would have saved enough money from her.

• older women like younger men who are not immature and who are intelligent, don't think you fit the criteria

• Why the hell would I lose the job I have?

• Yeah, because having a relationship where you give happiness and love to someone and get the same clearly is pointless and less important than money.

What Guys Said 4

• Are you dating because you are looking for a relationship or for other reasons? If it's the former, date someone you like spending time with. Money & other quick gratifications are not satisfying for most in the long run. I know some really happy couples that don't have a lot and some pretty miserable couples that have more than most. For my part, I choose "happy" in whatever form that comes.

• So you don't eliminate a ton of potential excellent women for you.

• If you don't see the pros, then by all means. Don't date anyone else.

• Access to sex you otherwise might not be able to get and the belief no other guys are going to be having sex with her. Otherwise their aren't any advantages to being in a relationship anymore. All the advantages for men disappeared with the destruction of gender roles and sexist divorce laws that give women power over men.