How much do you girls value the appearance of a guy?

I'm not the greatest looking guy I'm about 5f 9" and 220lbs but feel like girls wouldn't like my looks enough to date me if I was to ask someone out. I'm quite a confident person but I don't trust in my looks enough in my opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• Personality is the biggest deal breaker for me. If I find a guy physically attractive but his personality sucks, all of that attraction vanishes. But a guy gets so much cuter when you start liking him. My last two boyfriends I wasn't initially attracted to - I mean, they wouldn't have caught my attention in public, I'll be honest. But when I got to know them and develop feelings for them, I thought they were the most gorgeous guys on the planet.

What Girls Said 6

• Well, are you admitting that it's mainly fat or mainly muscle? 5'9" isn't short, and 220 doesn't mean you're chubby when you are that hieght. I really love a guy that is 5'10" and he weighs 230lbs. More muscle than fat and when he holds me at night it's the best softness... Unless I wake up in his death grip._. He's handsome, has a kick ass personality, very compassionate and knows how to treat a girl in bed haha. Relying on looks alone to get a girl would totally fuck you over. The way I see it is that you have a weakness, but also the chance to strengthen the smaller aspects of yourself creating a better package deal. Girls tend to go for that over the guy that is 10 in looks, in the long run. Unless, the guy is great looking and has all his shit together with a great personality.

• Iilm gonna be honest, looks are important to an extent.. But as far as being a super model.. No as long as your kinda cute and your a good person, show some confidence and you won't have any issues

How was he supposed to be confident when he might be lacking physical attraction? I've never gotten this confidence, confidence only if you're good looking.

• In order to have a date with someone, I need to feel attracted to him at least in a way, if I am not, I wouldn't feel the desire to kiss him or go for more.

• I like a good looking guy, im not gonna lie. Looks are important. But its not the only important thing but i gotta have a bit of a handsome bloke on my arm

• As I've gotten older I've started to barely take looks into account, honestly. Depends on the person. Some people consider physical appearance to be a large aspect in a relationship and some people don't care at all.

• Girls like confident people and funny people. That brings your points up

What Guys Said 1

• Being realistic, looks are important, and play a big role in starting relationships. But you just gotta embrace it, touch a girls heart and get her hooked to you, then ask her out. Make her like you before she realizes that you liked her too, that my friend is game. (not meaning that love is a game)