He is going to ask me to be his gf, should I say yes?

Okay, so yesterday i went to a date with this guy, i think it went out pretty good. He asked me out to go to this park where they were going to launch balloons (the hot-air kind), and since my sister wanted to go she asked a friends of hers so the four of us went. But i spent my time mostly with him.
First, since i had forgotten my jacket he offer up his, and i took it, then since he was freezing he hugged me (for the whole time) and was pretty sweet about it just dropping kisses on my cheek and forehead.
Then things went south , when he admitted that he drinks and smokes (not a lot just from time to time), still it makes me uncomfortable , but i just dont know if it is going to be a deal breaker, becuase he pretty much told me "I drink , but I am not your typical drunk, just with friends, and smoke from time to time, i might even be a bad influence, but I am good guy "
After that, i just told him that i would think about it and I let it go for the rest of the night, and when we were dinning the waiter offered him a beer and i just gave him a look and he declined it saying he would just get one when he gets home.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• Uncertainty is unattractive. sounds like he was nervous! Haha poor dude. sounds like he tried and maybe spoke too much and dug a little hole. Haha you gave him a look! i would of melted in my seat! The fact he said he would get one when he gets home is sketch. Just let him know you want to date a little more before you commit best of luck!

• I would not accept unless he agrees to stop drinking and smoking.

• Smoking for me is a deal breaker. My parents smoke and I already have heart problems so I don't need that at all.

• The most important thing in a relationship is feeling comfortable. Unfortunately, in our current society, we have relationships because we don't want to feel empty or alone. Keep in mind though, life is full of a lot of things. If you are looking to a have a meaningful and long relationship with the individual, realistically ask yourself this: "Will he be around when I need him, and is he going to places I want to go".

I always tell people, a relationship is like a train that can only sit two people. Lots of trains go lots of places, but keep in mind that only a small amount of trains are headed to the stations you want to see in life. So make sure you get on the right ones, and try to keep it non-stop with someone who plans to go where you are going.

• so he has habits, so what? looks like he is willing to drop them for you. but i will say that you should stay on your toes. He's not a bad guy, but is he a committed guy?

What Girls Said 3

• I'd say no. You need to protect yourself first. It will lead to a whole lot of other problems. I've been through this so take it from me, you don"'t need him.

• My boyfriend used to smoke occasionally but he drank a lot. Two days after I asked him out he quit both. He knew it was a turn off for me, although he said he quit because he wanted to live healthily and longer with me.

• If you're uncomfortable with it then you need to let him know that's going to be a deal breaker. I have a friend who's going out with someone who sounds the same and she's doing all the things he does because she never told him anything. It's best if you just let him know now before it gets serious.