Im 18 and im seeing a 27 year old?

What should I do? I have really fallen for him but im scared to tell my parents how old he is in case they tell me that im not allowed to see him every again, what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Whatever you do its a waste of time anyway. This relationship won't lead you anywhere with that age gap. I don't know you or the guy but I assume he is using just for sex and don't tell me now that it can't be true. You will be naive to say the least.
    In relationships with such age gaps I see two possibilities: 1. The guy is using the girl for sex, knowing that this relationship has no future or 2. The guy is immature like the girl, so they have something in common and the girl continues to be naive and that she found the man of her life.

What Guys Said 11

• I was 25 when I met a girl who was 18. We were together 3 years, then got married, after seven years just the two of us together, so 10 years after we met, we had two lovely daughters and were married a total of 32 years. Some success I think.
    Hormones came, it's complicated but we are now divorced but still friends.

• Well you are 18 and it's your absolute right to be with any guy you want to be with. Many people will react to this situation differently. Best thing to do is to sit down with your closest parent and tell him/her and then you will be surprised how smoothly things go after that. Most likely your closest parent will ease the other parent into the news. You may be fortunate and have two understanding parents! It may take days, weeks or even months for them to truly fully accept the situation but if they love you then they always will. As an older brother to my little sister who is 18, I can tell you that I would not be happy at all with the age gap, but I would of course accept the situation if I got to the know and like the man in question. Just make sure he loves you as much as you love him and you'll be absolutely fine. Don't worry :)

• Also... You know yourself and your parents best, so go with your intuition on how to handle it. 9 times out 10 its right.

• Keep it a secret. Until your ready i keep women away from my family all the time until i know she is ready for them. The women in my family are like sharks ready to pick any girl apart. Especially my grandmother. she's going to want to see her place and for gods sale if it isn't super clean she will be like " oh so your dating a lazy girl, anthony i dont know what you see in her. Can she cook, is she catholic? Then it goes, their are some lovely italian girls at my job that i want to introduce you too, and i have already taken the liberty to show them 100 pictures of you and explain your whole life to them.

• Well you could keep it low key of his age & say that he's 21 or 22.
    My gf is 16 and I'm 21, she tells her parents that I'm 19 and it's been 7 Months we've been together.

• I think you're in a position to get really hurt. We all think that we're exceptions to norms, but this sounds like he is using you for sex. Once he finds it somewhere else, he's gone. He's not going to marry an 18 y/o. Sorry. :((

• You'll have to tell them and figure out what consequences there are for you.

• That's cool. My dad was 30 when he met my mom who was 22. They ended up with 3 kids, a house in the suburbs, and their own business.

Since ultimately he needs the 'Father's Blessing' anyways, have him meet your dad, and then see how that goes.

• Your an Adult now you can make your own decisions

• It's not a bad thing buttttt I'd wonder why she's dating that old. Remember age does not equal maturity

• At 18 your parents aren't in control of your life they can advice you but to allow you to do this or that isn't in their power, just be sure you know the guys intentions before you get too involved.

• Break up, he just love chicks.

What Girls Said 7

• well you're 18, so technically you can do what you want. unless they pull the "you live in my house, abide by my rules" card.

but your parents will also know you better than i do and have a better view on your relationships, so you should take their opinion into account. plus, they are older.

if you are scared to tell your parents, should you really be seeing this guy? you don't think there's some part of you that thinks its wrong?

i'm not saying that the relationship is wrong, i've seen plenty of large age difference relationships work out, i'm just saying you need to listen to your parents' opinions.

• Its a tough one! I was in your place not even long ago. First I secretly found out what my parents think of an age difference like this, like are they ok with it. For example you could mention famous couple like Jay-Z and Beyonce... and see what they say! And then based on their answer, you could continue planning. Either keep it a secret for a little longer or you could tell your mom or dad first, whoever you are closer to. Sooner or later if you guys stay together you will have to tell them! Good luck :)

• My boyfriend is 17 years older than I am, age is nothing but a number. They might be a little reluctant at first but I'm sure they'll warm up to him when they meet him

• Your parents most likely will freak out since huge age gap couples generally have nothing in common but sex.

• Been there. Except I was 19, and he was 28. My mom knew that I liked him but she didn't make a big deal because I have a 26 year old sister, so I guess she thought he was young enough to be her son. Anyway. Turned out he was married and got two kids.

• Im 27 seeing a guy 22 years older yes that means he's 49, my mom doesn't like it at all even saying its gross obviously my situation is a little different as i live on my own and she can't keep me from him but this is what i said to her, we didn't plan on dating when we started talking we were just supposed to be friends as we got to know each other things changed i really like him he treats me right and we have a lot in common the way i look at it if he was my age id be interested in him and would wanna go out with him why should age make that different. She still doesn't like it but she understands a little better than she did. Try being open and honest with them be mature about it acting like a 5 year old will not help you. Good luck and just like in any relationship be careful 17, 27 or 77 guys use women (and vice versa) at any age

• My bf is 9 years older than me and my parents are actually quite happy with it, so u will never know until u tell them. And u r 18 anyway so u r old enough to make ur own choice even if ur parents don't approve.

• If you're under 18 but have a boyfriend who is 9 years older, how are your parents happy about it?

• I m going to be 18 next month and I knew him for a loooooonnngggg time

• And so did my parents :p it was a bit awkward when they found out but after a while it was cool