The guy I'm dating wants us to get a motel room. But why does he want me to pay half? I don't think I should have to?

I don't have a car I go to school part time
We both live with our parents
He drives a real nice car and works part time
I just started a new part time job that pays minimum wage and he knew I was unemployed when he asked me to pay half through text
Ok it's clear he makes more so why do I have to pay half on a cheap ass motel room?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends if you like him, maybe ask if he can pay this time and after a few checks you can pay the next time? If he blows you off you know your answer.

What Guys Said 7

• He sounds like he's only interested in a hook up but I don't know the whole story obviously. Suggest something else to do if you are still interested. Overall I think you should avoid this guy though.

• So then tell him that money's tight and you can't afford it now.

• Because it would be equality and fairness, but seeing that money is tight for you I would suggest bringing it up.

• because u both r going to stay in the room. so u both should pay half the money. are you taking the room for one night or a month?

• Some motel rooms are like 40 to 50 bucks so half of that probably wouldn't kill you

• You know that he is going to rail you out at the hotel, right?

• He's testing you to see if your one of those girls who uses guys for money. by the way if he has a nice cra nd money why are is he getting a cheap Motel room? Or better yet are you only with him because what he has?

What Girls Said 5

• I would never go to a motel room with a guy. I'm worth more than that as a person. I don't mean this as far as money is concerned. I value myself too much to be asked by a guy to have sex in a motel room. I would see it as he clearly doesn't value me the same way and doesn't want to give me the respect and consideration that I deserve. I'm not some high maintenance snooty girl either. I just don't want to feel belittled or beneath a guy for him to take me to a sleezy motel where hookers go.

• I think that's kind of sketchy, I wouldn't go if I could afford it. How long have you guys been dating? It seems like he just wants sex

• We been dating since July

• Ew. Why does he want a hotel in the first place? Use a car if you're gonna have sex. You don't need to pay for shit.

• Was it his idea, or both of your ideas collectively?

• Maybe he needs the money to keep up his image with that nice car and only working part time... money seems more important to him, not a good quality.