Don't you hate when people generalize when it comes to looks of a whole race of people?

How ignorant can one be to call a whole race ugly when they have not met every person of that race! It's so ridiculous.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, that does annoy me. Whenever anyone generalizes and stereotypes people of an entire race it irritates me. Not everyone of a particular race looks the same, it's ignorant to assume that. There are attractive and unattractive people within EVERY racial group.

• Exactly, haha how dumb can one be. I just rant for ages when someone says something so stupid. So many times I hear specifically the same old kinda girls say "ew black guys are ugly" but, then there fine with dating a half black one lol without that black they wouldn't be who they are. Idiots lol.

• Lol I agree. I have noticed that a lot also.

• Lol so dumb honestly.

What Guys Said 5

• I can respect people's opinions if they say that they just aren't attracted to a certain race, even if it is an extreme generalization, but personally, I have found a woman of every race that I have considered attractive. It just isn't that much of a big deal. If there's attraction, there's attraction.

• Yeah saying not attracted it truly fine! It's just when they then follow by saying they are all just ugly even the ones I don't even know lol.

• Well that can be answered by them having a racist view/ outlook on that race. If you don't like something you certainly won't mentally visualize anything positive about it. Like in my case i visually don't find blonde hair attractive. Why because theirs something about seeing a blonde that makes me visualize whatever or whomever the reason for my dislike for blondes is. But if you take that same blonde and dye her hair than instantly she becomes more attractive in my eyes.

• I see your point!

• Also there's a funny quote; "when you don't like someone everything they do is bad in your eyes." Look at that asshole eating their corn flakes, just chomping away eating their cornflakes and shit, They disgust me.

• Lol at the quote.

• generalizing can be annoying yup

• Yes very because, lol all it takes is for one really attractive girl of that race for them to suddenly change their mind and realise how dumb they sounded.

• Haha you know some people see really clueless as to how rude they are

• @Asker and @BertMacklinFBI
      it all goes back to ignorance (and to sound like my mother) lack of proper home training/upbringing lol

• I've always wondered the same thing.

• Some girls told me I was a virgin because I'm Indian. Which is true because I am a virgin but still.

What Girls Said 6

• But generalisation is something that is inherent in society.
    People from the same state are supposed to be similar, people tend to have preconceived notions about students studying in certain schools as well, some are supposed to be schools with "hot" people or "spoiled brats"
    We all make generalisations based on our experiences with individuals who belong to groups, as we always talk about them as a group.

• I hate it too, but people will say what they believe is right and it's their opinion. Most of the time, the generalizations are based off of stereotypes as well which can be just as annoying. We can't do anything about it though, different people think different things, that's just the world we live in.

• It is very ignorant. I just ignore it.

• It can be irritating.

• Yes people are stupid

• I can honestly say that every known Ethiopian person that I have met has been very unattractive to me. I'm waiting to meet someone from there that is not...

• See this is the difference with what your saying. Your saying only the people you have MET unlike those people that will say *insert whoever* are all ugly before even meeting them!

• So your alright basically lol I only know one Ethiopian girl so Idno whether to agree or not ;)

• I see what you are saying