Girl I've been dating a few weeks seems to be in constant contact with her ex?

I started talking to her via Tinder a few weeks ago and we really hit it off--I don't think I've ever had so much in common with any person ever. We spend quite a bit a time together and she really seems to enjoy being around me. So it kinda disturbed me when I began to notice this guy that kept coming up (mostly on social media).

I saw his Instagram page is still covered with photos of him and her, which made me think that maybe he's just not over her. Then after the second weekend we spent together, she unfollowed his IG after commenting on all his photos of her saying "delete" and on a couple photos said "I can't believe I was dating actual filth" and on one where he says "I love her", she put "lol you lied". So that made me feel better, but a couple days later all of her "delete" comments were gone and the pictures still remain.

I still felt good until she added me on Snapchat just over a week ago and her ex has been her top friend on there ever since and when I spent the night last weekend at her place, she left the room with her phone right beside me and it blew up with messages from him in which I saw a preview saying "is he staying over..."

After all that I still wasn't too concerned... we just spent the last four days together having a good time. Then as I was leaving her apartment after dropping her off yesterday, I noticed he was walking in the direction of her place. As of right now we have plans to get together Wednesday to prepare for our camping trip this weekend but with all this involvement with her ex, it makes me wonder if I'm just wasting my time.

What should I do, wonderful people of GAG?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel so sorry for you mate. I really do because I was in the EXACT same situation with my ex (yes I dumped her because of him). I too had much in common with her for the first time in my life regarding partners and that was the only reason I was patient and shut my mouth for a very long time. When my patience was exhausted I messaged that prick to clear things and later the same day we Skyped all three together and all hell broke loose. She was an immature bitch in the end who couldn't decide between me and this loser. And YES he was a loser! Any 40 year old without a job, playing poker to make a living is a loser.
    I don't want to be hard mate but I don't see a reason to continue that relationship. That prick will always get between you two. And if your gf says the usual ''we're just friends'' which is the biggest illusion girls have, don't fall for it. I learned it the hard way. Just dump her and find someone else.

• Thanks man... it's going so well but he's clearly still around some and it sucks. We're not official bf/gf or anything nor are we committed to each other in any way so I might give it a tad longer--maybe until this weekend when we're done camping (because I really wanna f'n go camping lol).

What Girls Said 2

• Red flag. She's not over him.

• You're a rebound or a tool to make him jealous. May aswel just have fun with it while it lasts.

• She broke up with him soo i don't think that's the case, but ya never know, i guess. I will have fun with it, however.

What Guys Said 2

• if you love someone u wouldn't have to talk to other people. she may try to hook up with him behind your back. give her two options: leave him alone or you will leave her alone. Keep having sex with her to have your fill of her while u can. sounds mean but get the pie while ur being offered the piece. Also, u can talk to other chicks and im sure that will get her attention and maybe she will understand where ur coming from. but, gut instinct bro is that she may start fucking him again

• Yeah I'm pretty sure she is after seeing a message from him saying "ily too". She texts him while we're together. The dude knows about me but she's never told me about him, at least not using his name. This is just a fucked up situation and i hate it. I'm gonna ask her, i have no choice... this is bugging the hell outta me.

• yeah if that guy wrote that be careful man she may break things off with you. I wouldn't date her anymore i believe

• That's an awkward situation to be in. It sounds like this is a very new relationship so I would suggest you leave it until she can assure you that she's left all of her extra baggage behind.