Would you date an engineer?

So girls, would you? :P

Why or why not? What do you like or dislike about them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm with an engineer.

• Nice, what does he do?

• not sure what you mean.. his company specializes in single-family houses, but also building with several floors.

• Oh ok, I gotcha.

What Girls Said 14

• Sure! I think engineers are kind of hot ;) smart and usually funny and laid back. A little nerdy is fine, too.

• Sounds like me! Whether I'm hot or not isn't my thing to decide lol but while I'm fairly laid back personality wise, I work very hard! I don't like sitting still for too long, even though I welcome it with open arms on some days! ;P

• hell yes.
    1) i want to be an engineer (power couple?)
    2) financial stability (currently i dont think it'll change to much in the coming years)
    3) time away from eachother enough you appreciate one another :)

• My first ex was studying to be an engineer so yeah sure

• hell yeah!

• I would.
    Cuz i am one of them

• Awesome. Lady engineers can be quite attractive too!

• Dont lie.
      No simple engineer guy i met think the same way

I all the time dated with business majors, political science and etc... If u dont count that mechanical engineer nuts in the head lol

• Now now, I've met a handful of women in engineering that were pretty foxy. :)) lol

• Hell yes.
    Theyre obviously intelligent if theyre an engineer that sexy
    Financial stability

• Yes, generally means they're intelligent, and that's something i find attractive - but it would also depends on other traits the engineer had

• I suppose it would. Like what exactly?

• Well if we had a connection to begin with, funny, a nice person in general, someone who I can easily talk to

• I dated a former engineer if that counts. At the time I dated him he owned his own financial consulting company after being laid off from being an engineer.

• I know all too well about the lay offs within the industry! :( Good that he was able to find something else in the meantime. I envy that kind of versatility and adaptability in a person.

• Yes I would if he was funny has a sense of humor cute etc...

• Well I would say that most engineers I've met are nice people, enjoy having fun and are usually good looking so you're in luck. lol

• Jackpot lol personality is important

• Yeah. I'm friends with a lot of upcoming engineers and they're all really smart and funny.

• Yes i am. He's an mechanical engineer. Long hrs. He's nice, good-looking and down to earth. ;)

• Sure! I am sure that job is not as easy as people think.

• I will tell you this, all the cars you see out on the road, think about what all goes into that. Building one and making it work and making it last. It's incredibly impressive and something that most people just take for granted.

• Exactly I think people undermine it cos its not your sort of doctor... or business man type job.

• I think it falls somewhere in between, personally.

• I AM dating an engineer (in training... lol)

• Sounds kinda like me haha.

• Yeah, I'd date any man with a stable job.

What Guys Said 2

• Of course, so long as you're nice and the job doesn't consume your life... which mine unfortunately did, so i'm an ex marine engineer now.

• Oh that's too bad. What did you end up doing after that?

• I can understand that. A long commute is really tiring!

• ... not to mention the long days lol.

• It's not an issue of being an engineer ruining your chances with women, its the fact that a lot of engineers are nerds and have poor social skills that makes prevents us from getting dates. For me its also how cripplingly shy I am. Most girls I have met think that the fact that my being an engineer is cool, I just don't meet many because I'm a massive nerd and don't see many girls in my day to day life.

• It's a massive generalisation to say that a lot engineers are nerds and have poor social skills. It's not true at all. Most working engineers have friends, are sociable and are married.