If you were in LOVE with a girl in highschool, any chance you'd have feelings again by the time you're 30?

I have no idea if this is possible! My guy friend from high school and I ran into eachother recently when I was visiting home (I moved away). We were close and he was in love with me, he had told me, way back when we were probably 16 or 17. We lost touch when we were maybe 19 up until recently, now we are turning 30 in January and February actually.

Back then, I was in a relationship. Right now, he just started dating a new girl. We keep in touch often just catching up.

Since I moved away we don't live close anymore anyway. But he keeps in touch and seems very reciprocative of it. I just wonder if some day we may cross paths again and if he could ever have rekindled feelings since he was in love with me? Or does that ship sail forever after you basically grow up? I always was fond of him and it's certainly returned. Timing isn't good though as you may understand.

Also I'm talking about if you got back in touch, not just random feelings! I don't have anyone to think back to but him and I do feel something
Thanks all, been curious as he seems diligent in our communication, just curious!

Most Helpful Guy

• Certainly not the same feelings. At 30 people are older and (a bit or a lot) wiser. That doesn't exclude sentiments of course but they'll probably be different.

What Guys Said 6

• Personally I'm a self proclaimed hopeless romantic and if it were me and I wasn't seeing anyone then I would probably get back with her. Unless he never actually loved you. I still love the girl I was with when I was 15-18, and I would be with her right now if she hadn't turned out to be completely insane.

• Sure, it could happen, no problem at all.

• Personally, no. The girls I dated in high school treated me pretty shitty, so I am still very bitter towards them.

• Absolutely not.

• Wow that was quick! Too bad

• Oh for sure.

• If the timing lined up to where you were both single, there's certainly a chance. I mean, you yourself are open to the idea so there's no reason he couldn't be.

What Girls Said 0