Ex told me he didn't want me to date others. Why would he say that?

Before dumping me my ex bf and I had a 'serious' talk. He basically said to me that he needed time like 2-3 weeks to think through things, but said that he wouldn't want me to date someone in the mean time. Then he said "noo.. maybe that won't be fair of me"

So, why would tell me that he wouldn't want me to date while he's taking some time off?

Most Helpful Guy

• In the two or three weeks time, he could regret leaving you, and want to be back in your life. If you date someone else. the window of opportunity shuts.

Just do what you want.

• Thanks. I think you are right.

What Guys Said 3

• why can he take time off you but you can't take time off him? He dumped you so whatever he says no longer applies to you so if you want to date/hook up with other guys then go for it. Life is not a one way street.

• He likes you and doesn't want to risk you finding someone that could be better than him. If you find someone else and it works, where does that leave him? He would have to move on, and guys sometimes do not like that

• Because he wants to share you with the world

What Girls Said 2

• To keep you on the back burner. To know you'll still be there pining after him so he hasn't lost you while he decides if he still wants you. He's right, it's not fair of him. Is he going to be seeing other women during this "thinking" time.

• You most certainly do not need his permission. You aren't married.