Girl canceled date? What next?

Met girl 2 times on dates. Asked her out for birthday date. She was soo happy. Texted her about it over weekend. Took her a while but she responded, saying she's free anytime after 2. BUT today at 2, she texted me a long text saying she's really really sorry, that she is pretty sick and she actually missed all her classes since she was that sick, and said that she felt really bad and that she is really sorry. Then she wished me happy birthday. Is this a real reason? Or a made up excuse? So should I ask her out for another date or wait for her to reschedule? Problem is, you can't really reschedule a birthday LOL...

Most Helpful Girl

• I can vouch that I, myself, am just getting over from having a small case of the flu that is going around right now. And with her "Long text" that sounds sincere, which didn't have to be anything but short and not even sweet, she took the pains to send this to you so you Wouldn't be mad, be so hurt on your special day and That-----She felt really bad and that she is really sorry.
    No, of course you can't "Reschedule a birthday," however, girls who Could be this Honest John are hard to find and a birthday comes once a year... a friendship, even a potential partnership is hard to find anytime of the year.
    Go ahead and reschedule something else. Maybe even a little party of your own, a private party, will surely make it up with the good company that you are keeping here... this will be the topping of the cake that you really didn't miss out on.
    And if I am wrong and she puts you on her pay no mind list, move on and better birthdays to come...
    Good luck, Happy Belated birthday... xx

What Girls Said 3

• If I was you, I'd send her a text and say something along the lines that it is okay and that maybe you can meet up another day. If she doesn't respond back with a suggestion of another date, then she's most probably lying. However, it could be that she really is sick.. so wait it out and see what happens.

• You can't reschedule a birthday but you can reschedule a celebration for her birthday. Doesn't have to be the exact date. I say give it another try and if there's another excuse, move on.

• she probably dont like you or she was sick

What Guys Said 2

• Forget about it now, enjoy your birthday man. A girl once cancelled on me with all the "I'm really sorry, I really do want to go out." I asked her out another time and it was the same crap again, so I just gave up. The only reason I didn't give up after the first time was because we had gone out on 2 dates before like you and I thought we had something. But definitely if she cancels a second time, drop her.

But honestly now, if a girl cancels without suggesting another time, I'm done.

• just don't give a damn basically LOL