Dating site users, how do you break the ice with someone who has an empty or generic profile with little to no info about themselves?

Sometimes when I use dating sites, there'll be girls who are attractive but they have nothing on their profile or they'll just say ask or have nothing at all. I feel like this just leaves me no choice but to ask generic questions like hey what's up, what so you like to do for fun, etc.

I'm not expecting a life story but it's hard to talk to them when they give you nothing to work with. Like its hard to ask them about their interests when they don't have any listed.

So what's a good icebreaker for these kind of people?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well fortunately you have a lot of questions to ask since you know zero about them.

On the other, it shows a complete lack of caring and entitlement. They do it because it works, and guys will still message them just because they're hot. Not that i blame you if that's what you're after, but I only resorted to online dating because I was genuinely looking for something real. Therefore, I filled out my whole profile, and only answered men who did the same. People with empty profiles came across like they weren't looking for something serious.

• Yeah that's true. You do have a lot of questions to ask in that case but it's just knowing which questions to ask. It's interesting because sometimes when I do ask questions related to common interests, ill still get no response. But then again it works on some. I guess there's no one way of doing things.

• It's interesting because nearly all messages I've gotten from girls on those sites is just hey or hi. I respond if I'm attracted.

What Girls Said 2

• Check out the mirror!
    The answer lies within.

• My profiles are like that. Guys usually just message me saying "hey you've got nothing on your profile" lol or something along those lines. It's usually just comments about the lack of info, or compliments on the pics. It's not much, but sometimes will get a reply.
    I just never know what to write on those things, so I write nothing.

• I guess I'll have to make a comment about nothing on their profile.

What Guys Said 2

• that should make it super easy, message them and have a conversation getting to know them because your reason is there is not enough details on their profile

• Just be up front, say your interested and want to start a dialogue. Good practice either way

I don't like no info profiles. OK, I don put much on mine here. But I'm not dating either.