Brutal honesty time: Is wanting to date a cute or pretty girl just unrealistic for guys like me for the most part?

I'm about to be 22 and I've never dated. I think my standards might be too high to be honest. I don't think they are extremely high as I don't only go after models or gorgeous girls but I like the cute or pretty ones like 7-8/10s in my opinion at least. I'm really not into overweight girls, it's just not my style. I can't get a Tinder match though which makes me think I'm pretty low on the attractiveness scale. I don't think I'm ugly but I'm not exactly handsome in my eyes. I have been told I look young and have a face that lacks masculinity. Am I aiming out of my league and should lower my standards? Be honest , girls!

By the way, personality is the most important part of a person to me. I'm just talking about physical attraction though, which also matters. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate to say it, but you are fooling yourself, but not the ones you are pursuing. You say that personality is the most important part, but that you are only talking about physical attraction, "which also matters".

By what you said you have placed physical attractiveness as your first prority. Personality would only be the frosting on the cake. You are my friend, setting yourself up for continued failure to achieve what you desire. Aquiring a girl who happens to be very pretty will not satidfy your heart alone. And there's a good chance you will not like their personality. You could get lucky, but I doubt it. The reason I say that is that most GOOD girls have the savvy to see through a guys BS. Any girl that is worth chasing will make sure she outruns and avoids you. Trust me.

As far as your looks, you appear to be handsome enough. Your character that you display is what makes you attractive. Now even though I pointed out some negatives that I have noticed, I will end with a suggestion, and one that every guy should do. For the next 2 weeks, try making sure that the first thing you look at on a girl is her eyes. Do not look at anything else, no matter how tempting. Keep your gaze upon her eyes. If you get close enough, offer a slight smile. If you are so lucky as to talk to her, maintain your gaze only upon her eyes. And when you walk away, do not look back at her. What this will do is help you to start engaging girls at a super personal level, eye to eye. Now granted, some might have bodies that you do not prefer, at the moment. What you should do is, ask yourself if you could By doing this, you are engaging in a girl's personality FIRST. Now you might find that some of the girls who have been out of your reach will now at least talk with you. Perhaps more. Most any girls complaint about single guys is that guys are pigs. And they are right. Just make sure they don't see you that way. Good luck...

• Thanks. I actually found this to be the most helpful answer

• Ah shucks!! Thanks. Hey, you'll do just fine. Please do a favor and come back to report any progress. Thanks...

What Girls Said 10

• if you are 22 and have never dated, then yes. you probably need to go for 6s and below. I haven't looked at your profile pic tbh I don't think I need to. the fact that you have no experience in dating at your age shows that you need to lower your expectations. every guy wants a cute or pretty girl. you have probably been interested in girls since puberty so if you haven't gotten one yet you may want to reevaluate things. there's levels to this shit

• I understand. Can you please loon at my pic though just to make sure? I really don't want to settle for somebody I'm not attracted to unless I have to.

• you're a 7 in looks. however if you have a lame personality, are boring or don't know how to talk to girls then your overall score will go down and you won't be able to pull 7s. your looks is not the problem here

• Thanks, and I don't think I'm lame at all! I'm pretty awesome. :)

• Don't you keep posting pictures and questions similar to this on the /b/ board? If not, that guy looks a lot like you/or is using your pictures. If you're aiming for 7-8/10 but you don't consider yourself to be that attractive, then I do recommend lowering your standards. There are some great girls that are only like 5-6's that you could be much happier with. Why hold out for someone if you're going to doubt they're in your league?

• If you have a nice personality, I would recommend getting a new look you make me wanna take a nap you just look so boring and average.. (not trying to be rude at all!) Maybe dye your hair dirty blonde, including the eyebrows. And get a hairstyle similar to Dantes from DMC devil may cry (the new dante everyone hates lol) hit the gym like make some gains, and dress nice. Like a kpop star. For example google :Gdragon he is a kpop star or Bang yong guk he is also a kpop star look at what they wear, buy that stuff but dont dress like a douche bag off of jersey shore. If you dont wanna dye your hair just get the dante hairstyle. And wear aviator glasses with gold shades just look badass. GOOD LUCK :D

• Welp, average is bad for cute girls. Guess that's why I can't get one. Thanks for the advice. I'll try and see if I can look better by doing this

• So in other words the potential is there?

• Yes it is there totally you just have to awaken your (as i call it) your inner SEXY SEXY side. Get more confident ik you're capable I used to not be confident, then I just started to try out different looks and there you go ^u^

• Yeah, you and a million other girls and guys float in the same boat.
    I'm going to say there must be something up.
    what do your friends say about this?

• Honestly, stop using tinder and online sites.
    Some people just don't get good photos.
    Meet people in real life, see the real world, there are so so many wonderful girls with amazing personalities who will not be considered conventially attractive

• I know but I guess I want one of those girls but that I'm also physically attracted to, y'know?

• You need to stop with these questions man

• lol this f** has been at it since the summer at least.

• Yes, this girl gets it

• It's simple. If you do not like someone's post, then just move along. Obviously nothing here for you to see. In other words, quit wasting your time and effort on something you consider to be a waste of time and bandwidth.

• Its not for a hot or rich guy

• U kinda look like my little brother lol.
    Maybe just try switching up ur style?
    Grow out ur facial hair a little and do something different with ur hair?

• I think you're really fit, I would totally go for you. I don't know how tall you are but you are defs dark and handsome. I think maybe it could be confidence if you are having trouble with girls. If you go in assuming that you look amazing even if you think you don't girls are going to find you even more attractive honestly.

• I think you are spending too much time asking the opinion of girls on GAG v. out and about meeting actually living females in your area. That my be your downfall.

What Guys Said 10

• it ain't unrealistic bruh :D d00d your standards are your standards, don't ever settle for less, its not right for you or the girl you settled for. just keep swimming.

• you again? just boost your confidence levels bro!!! you're not ugly

• For a guy who has a shitty attitude like yourself... yeah, it's going to be very hard for you to get a girl.

• I know exactly the type of person you are and I've seen your questions a thousand times. You want a cute girl to save you from your terrible life. Start making changes are start trying to fix it and in a year or two maybe you'll find your girl

• It's not unrealistic wanting to date a cute girl; it's unrealistic when you don't work for things and expect the world to conform to you

• Ots not unrealistic if your a cool customer and make lots of money.

• Confidence dude, confidence is the grial conquering anything in life, you are more than average normal guy.. so stop that atitud and hell move on

• It's not impossible, but you will have to up your game and learn to be an asshole when appropriate.

• i often wonder the same thing

• I think because you haven't dated it's easy to get caught up in appearance, but take it from those of us who have dated girls/guys out of their league, when you get screwed over by them and your left with a broken heart (or even if its by a girl who is in your league) you start really reevaluating what matters in a relationship.

I'd look at more than tinder honestly.. since its all swiping pictures, find a place where you can interact more and then you actually might have a shot with girls who you think are out of your league.