Racism, who's more discriminated and rejected from work and love life in the US? Blacks or Orientals?

What do you think? Asian women don't count under love life because they are in the highest demand atm according to online dating stats.

Most Helpful Girl

• Black people and to be more specific black women unless they're mixed or light skinned which most of us are neither.

• lol light skinned black women don't have it any easier. That's something made up by other black people. If anything they have it harder.
      I'm not light skinned, but upper middle class and I think they're kinda similar when you're black. You get the hate from both sides. In white people's eyes you're still black so it doesn't matter they STILL treat you like shit, but then you get treated badly on the black side too from jealous people thinking that you think you're better than them.

I think being light skinned is similar. They get treated like shit by white people because no matter what they're still black (I even have a Creole friend.. white people still call her a "dirty Mexican" doesn't matter how light she is.. she's still got pigment), but on the black side you have a whole bunch of jealous black people getting mad at them because they're light skinned and supposedly have it easier (which they don't.. it's something us black people made up)

• light girls do have it better~!!!

• Yeah they do sadly.

What Girls Said 11

• lol can I say the o-word? I thought that was offensive or is it something only y'all can say but we cant? im not touching the o-word until further notice...

anyway black people are more discriminated against bar none. in everything. there are lots of upper class Asians in high positions in the workplace however if you are black even trying to move above entry level you get so many people trying to block you as if you don't know your place. people expect and want for black people to be uneducated, ignorant and making minimum wage and anyone who strives for more will get railroaded and blocked by people of other races who don't think u should be there. your status and right to be there is questioned, they think affirmative action is why you got hired instead of the fact that your probably better than them and more qualified. a college educated black male w/o a criminal record is less likely to get hired than a white felon. things just seem to be easier for Asians. they might not fit in totally with white people but they are an acceptable minority and get a lot of passes... as for interracial dating, I don't feel sorry for either group who gets rejected. if y'all dated your own you wouldn't get your feelings hurt

• About the last sentence... in theory that SHOULD be true.

But self-hatred tends to slightly derail the "aim for ur own ethnicity for the best odds" (especially in black American culture; there tends to be more of a man/woman rift than in other cultures).

• Lmao, so people in their own countries done get hurt? I m pretty sure I getting hurt is not a racial thing

• from work? I do not have an actual statistics. there may be some cases of discrimination. But I do not think even if it does exist it is in a major scale. the skills and education statistics are important too in this matter.

in love? it is personal. rejection or accepting is a personal choice. even the most racist person still has freedom of choice in this very personal matter. you cannot take the freedom in very private matters such as choosing a mate that creates and changes the course of one's life by any means. and I told 'even the most racist' to consider the extremes. though it is not accepted and the person limits his own choices (racial or a specific physical preference is different), but even in that matter he has free choice and it is private.

simply you cannot do anything against it. and that cannot be considered 'discrimination' because even if he did not have a prejudice, saying again in the most extreme form when someone is racist, he still may not prefer you and may have had a different natural preference.

so in the whole associating 'love' and dating and relationship with 'discrimination' is meaningless. though relating it with racism does make sense, but in the end you cannot call not being chosen by someone as his or her mate, a private life-changing choice, discrimination. and so that to demand he or she chooses differently.

we should leave and keep the private choices of people out of these subjects. because then in the way of healing a wound we will open another. in the way of fighting racial discrimination we will violate people's privacy and freedom of choice.

still, most of the choices nowadays is not related to racism but is preference, whether racial or being attracted to certain physical features.

• its a power/standard of beauty structure thats still prevalent. the oppressed sees moer than the oppressor. whites are usually the most favoured.

• Black women.

• Is this a real question where you want real answers; or are you just trolling for literary confrontations?
    BTW, I'm not even sure I understand the exact question.

• Lately I think its white people. Two people are competeing for the same job, one white one black, lets say the white guy has better credentials... the black guy might get hired just because he is black. . Because if you hire the white guy.. corporate is afraid of the race card. It is being so over played now.

• They should be. White people have it easier. Not all but whites a def favored

• There is also black history month, mexican history month.. there are so many different cultures to this world. . So many great things that every race contributed.. but a white history month would be considered also racist.. I see so many things wrong with this world

• toronto Canada @bokm

• Un no need to think about it we all human And everybody is equal. İF somenone is racist its his or her own sickness

• It's very prevalent. I don't get why people are acting like racism doesn't exist.

• Racism has no undestandable cause so yes i am side. I am humanist i love all people and etnicity is cannot be a classificaton criteria
      . nobody choses his own nation when born thats why all human nations are one. 44+xx/xy

• What do you mean it has no understandable cause? Are you being serious? I am not being sarcastic here and legitimately asking you.

Racism is created by many known factors. It isn't a sickness. You know the difference (again, no sarcasm meant) between nature and nurture, yes?

• im pretty sure is the black woman because we are female and most offensive race stereotype

• Why are you even worried about things like this?

• Who's says I m worried god damn if u don't have an answer get off my fuckin question all of u

• I never understood people saying "I want to date people of another race and not my own. They don't want to date me because they're racist."

• I don't think Asian people like being called "orientals". Asian people correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Black people have it harder

• Asian is broad. Indians are Asians as well. Orientals are Chinese korean Japanese ect. What actually comes to mind of most people when they hear asian. I m Asian and don't mind it at all

• According to ok cupid. Asian women were more desired than white women. Asian men are considered on top of black men still down here. Perhaps it's different in different arras

• Yeah I'd say it probably goes something like:
      Asian Women
      White Women
      White Men
      Hispanic Women
      Middle Eastern Women
      Hispanic Men
      Asian Men
      Black Men
      Middle Eastern Men
      Black Women

But I'm a black woman and I'd say my personal preference is probably Asian men, black men, Hispanic men, THEN white men and middle eastern men so I think it varies from person to person

• It's very obviously black people.

What Guys Said 10

• Work - Black people of both genders
    Love - Asian men and Black Women have it the worse. (Indians being under Asian as well for those who say they arent).

• Sad but true. ._.

• you got this one on point. brown guys are under Asians (orientals since indiansa and sri lankans are technically asian)

• I agree with you, and also agree with Asker in regards to how you're portrayed in the media. One thing that bothers me is how there are numerous pairings of White male and Asian female, but you never seen east Asian male with White female. The same applies in regards to Indians.

• Asker

Honestly you sound more like a racist than anyone posting in this question.

You are trying to generalize and discriminate based on race aren't you?

• I didn't realize this was a big issue. Asians are the fastest growing work force in the united states.

• At 6am at the grocery store I see an Asian guy holding hands with a big bootie White girl. My best friends girlfriend is White. It's very possible man. Really, Black nor Asian is at the top of the list when it comes to IR dating - it's White then Latin.

• Forgot to mention my best friend is Asian.

• @cloaked05 - Minneapolis, MN. Not far from Canada.

• Asker - I'm glad you enjoyed it. And I couldn't agree more, so to hear your associations are multi-ethnic is equally gratifying.

• I say black Americans have it harder overall in both than Asian Americans.

• Native American; they face so much discrimination; I'm surprised I never hear about it which plays a part in their suffering

• You know the answer.

• I use to think black but not so sure anymore. In terms of love life, plenty white girls like black men.

• Whites from what I have noticed. Not personally but based on all the BS that white males have to deal with now a days.

• Mexicans we have it harder

• The government's plan is to wipe out all Africans off the face of the planet..

• I heard of that agenda. Actually, it's been tried before...

• Africans will be the new dinosaur fossils in the next 30 years.

• That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard

The black population is growing faster than the white population as of now. What evidence do you have of this silly proposition?