I can't work this guy out, that I like. I'm really upset about what he said and I don't know his reasoning behind it... Please help :/?

Hey all,
We met about a month ago on a night out, we chatted briefly but he added me on facebook. Then I wrote to him about a topic that we talked about when we were out. Then a week ago, out of the blue, he messaged me and we started talking NON-STOP. I asked to meet up with him a few times, and he agreed, and suggested we should also. So, we did, and we spoke, and got on well. he told me he liked me and didn't want anything serious. Which was fine by me as I felt the same. He tried to kiss me several times but I didn't and explained it was because I am learning to have self control (although i was nervous and we met up at the last min). So then we spoke as normal for a few days after, planning to meet up soon, and then at the weekend he had friends up to stay so he was busy with them, although I messaged him a few times and he ignored my messages. he told me when we met up that he doesn't understand why anybody would be attracted to him and he is trying to get his life together atm. So then today I messaged him and said I was sorry if I offended him in some way. And he wrote back saying that he didn't write back as he didn't know what to say. Also, he said that he wrote to me thinking it would be nice to get to know someone new, but now realizes he isn't ready for that and felt things were becoming too intense between us when we don't really know each other. I was confused as I never mentioned ANYTHING about relationships and he told me he wasn't looking for anything serious, but now it's this other story. He also said that I wouldn't understand what he means by it because I thought we were 'casually' talking. I asked if I should stop talking to him and he said that would probably be best. But the thing is, I've really started liking this guy over the past week... and now he doesn't want to talk to me. I can't work out if he likes me or dislikes me. I want him to want to see me again, so how do I do so please

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I think he likes you, it just seems that he knows that he likes you but isn't looking for anything serious. He probably figures the longer you guys stay in contact, the more serious you guys will become with each other. I'm not sure you could go about seeing him again, but I'd say just let things run their course. Tell him you understand, and back off. Maybe with time he'll change his mind. In the meantime, just do your own thing.