Girls, why all the hype about tall guys? what is so special about them?

this thing bugs me and i wanted an explanation

Most Helpful Guy

• Because tall guys are very often pretty confident and also exude power.
    Shorter people automatically respect taller opponents and treat them differently than other people around their height or even shorter respectively. When I was 16, I was only 5'6, I had almost no confidence at all and sometimes taller people treated me disrespectfully or didn't take me seriously. Girls used to perceive me as, well, a "loser" and had zero interest in me. I bet, that if they'd known I was going to be 6'3 at 19 , they certainly wouldn't have behaved so condescendingly toward me. Now, they're almost submissive and actually try to make me like them or act like total ass-kissers ( excuse the vulgar expression, but it describes the situation the best) . Or , as another example as to the respect, when I walk on a sidewalk and a shorter person comes walking from my opposite direction, this person gives way to me in 99% of all cases.
    I also need to say, that I've become a completely new person due to all the changes I've gone through, mentally as well as physically. However, I still have some mental scars from back then.

What Girls Said 7

• Well, tall guys give sense of protection and masculinity. I like tall guys because im only 5'7 and it makes me just wanna jump and try to climb him like a ladder LOL ik that sounds crazy. But i am not against short guys, just because a guy is tall doesn't automatically mean he is hot. I have seen suuuper ugly tall guys while I've seen the sexiest most hitting the gym-est dudes ever! all KINDS OF GAINS! but as long as he is cute and sweet, i will go for him! i dont height discriminate, plus there is this one boy in my neighbhorhood he is the cutest thing ever and is shorter than me but gets all kinds of girls! there is another boy who is taller who also gets lots of girls its all about being attractive, and they both hit the gym! 2 for 1 special! ANYWHO... i hope i helped :D

• It's not just tall guys in general it's just guys that are taller than me. When you're significantly taller than your SO then well I'd feel like a mum to him, it's more comfortable to hug a guy and lay your head on his chest then lets say have his ace on your boobs, it's just more comforting I think, it probably has something to do with dad things, being a kid our dads are taller than us so we associated the tallness with love, comfort and security. Plus it just looks right

• I'm not really into that much taller guys because it's so hard to reach if I want to kiss them :P But in general I prefer my boyfriend to at least be a bit taller than me. i think it's because it feels manly and protective. I guess men have similar reasons for preferring shorter girls.

• Well, first of all they need to be at least as tall as me or taller when I'm wearing heels or else when we go out it's kinda awkward. (I know it's shallow but it's the truth.) second of all, I personally like tall guys because you gain that sense of protection. I also like reaching up for hugs and kisses, not bending down.

• You feel safe around them. Since he is bigger than you he probably can protect you. + you can wear high heels without looking too tall :)

• We can't exactly control it. Why do guys like big boobs or bubble-butts? It's just what we are generally drawn to.

• Asking a girl why she likes tall men is like asking a man why he likes boobs.

• so you don't control it? you just like it?

• Lol yes.

• Yay that's where I come in

What Guys Said 3

• As an extremely tall guy 6'11 it's considered novel, but there aren't a ton of girls who like a guy that tall. There is an ideal height range--it's approximately 6'1, 6'2. This height is the ideal evolutionary goal. It's the right balance between leverage for fighting and energy conservation. Thus girls tend to like this height range the most as it is built into them because of evolution.

• We can protect them from wild animals, short men can't.

• doesn't matter to me, I'm 6'2 and im only 15. :)