Is it gross for a 13 y/o 7th grader to date a 14 going on 15 y/o 9th grader?

I really, really, really like home but everyone says it's disgusting. I was born September 26, 2001. He was born April 11, 2000. My sister is a freshman like my boyfriend and that's probably why everyone is especially disgusted. I just wanted you guys' opinions on this because he's only 1 1/2 years older than me and I personally don't find anything wrong with it. Thanks for answering.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, nothing wrong with it. It's a 1.5 year age gap... that's nothing.

• My sister says it's disgusting and it makes me feel really self conscious about our relationship. Thank you so much.

What Guys Said 6

• That's fine it's 1 year and in your teens that's completely fine and happens all the time and nobody has a issue with it I think your sister is just jealous.

• Age is not the issue. It's the grade difference. And even so it's not that big. Just forget the people commenting , but I would keep it down low until your both in high school.

• Nothing wrong at all.

In middle/high school, age difference is like the entire world. Afterwards, you quickly realize that a year of difference is nothing at all.

• if you were born in August itd be better but damn now you're too young for him!!

• It is at such a young age, it makes it bad, He will get made fun of definitely, and I personally see it being a odd thing. I'm a 15 y/o (Almost 16) and I know that I would get a lot of shit, and even feel embarrassed for dating a 7th grader.

• Well he's not embarrassed because I really like him and he really likes me. And I mean I only missed the eight grade cut off by a month and I still might skip a grade.

• Still, at least in my area, it is a 2 grade difference, he would get flamed on everyday. Especially if he's already in high school.

• Sorry if what I said came off as rude, I'm just really frustrated that so many people are disgusted. A lot of his friends are cool with it but a lot of them aren't and it's really irritating.

• Don't worry about it, a 1.5 year difference is nothing.

What Girls Said 3

• Not an issue. My former classmates used to date their juniors (some even with 3 years difference) :) Don't worry too much, their teasing will go away anyway after a few years

• No it's fine. It's so weird seeing people born in the 2000s now and being 14. Lol. I feel so old. Lol. Makes me feel like I'm ancient but no you're good sweetie. :)

• 13 is way to young to be dating at all tbh. Just have fun with your life, enjoy it with your friends, and don't grow up too fast. I wish you the best! :)