Do u prefer to become friends with someone before dating or are friends strictly off limits?

I've had people respond with mixed feelings about this. Some say they would rather not risk the friendship and some have said they rather get to know a person more before finding out if they're someone worth dating. If so, how long would u rather get to know a person before asking them out (assuming ur still attracted to them)?

• I rather know someone more before asking them out
  • I never date friends, too risky!
  • Other (state reasoning below)

Most Helpful Girl

• I would rather get to know the person first. I just want to know basic stuff first. We can't be in a relationship and everyday you are protesting to me that you love me and you don't even know a thing about me. You don't have to get to friendship level but you have to know about the person first. Make sure they haven't killed anyone or robbed a bank and see if you really like them!!! <3

What Guys Said 4

• I would like to know them first. Don't need to be a lifelong friend or anything. Don't even need to be close friends. I just prefer a bit more basis for dating than "hey, go out with me"

• i discuss with my friend this morning about this. From the moment you first start talk to a person you are friend to that person. A person name is important if you remember everyone name, consider yourself can be president of us but you mostly not, when you remember a person name that person is important to you someway or another without realize it. In dating world, friend or not. you make decision on mate by comparing
    con and pro of each guy you meet

• The risk of friendzoning yourself is too high to be friends first.

• I like to be friends with them firsrt but like the other guy said, the riisk of friendzoning is pretty high which is were I've ended up everytime

What Girls Said 4

• I date only people from my circle of friends

• For me, friends are friends. I prefer dating guys that aren't a part of my usual circle of friends.

• I would never date anyone unless we are friends

• I have realized something weird about myself. I always have to date a friend, otherwise I just can't trust the other person. That's due to trust issues/paranoia I have. I prefer knowing the other person beforehand, rather than trying to get to know him through dating.