Our moms have been best friends since they were seven. Now, him and I want to date?

Our moms have literally grown up together, moved together and everything that would be an example of a cute BFF movie. I'm 16 he's 18, we've literally been in each other's lives since the day I was born. I always had a crush on him but now that he's my date for one of my proms, we talk and hang out more and I actually really like him. We have known each other for a long time so we trust each other equally and he always sees my point, I alway see his. My mom said she doesn't want us to date because I guess she's afraid of things going downhill and it gets messed up with our moms. Him and I made an agreement that we would try to keep our moms out of the relationship as much as possible. I really like him and I told my mom that if he asks me to be his girlfriend I'm saying yes. What do you guys think?

He asked me to be his girlfriend this morning!!! I'm so happy

Most Helpful Girl

• You should totally go for it. It's your life and you choose the guy you want. It's a good idea at first to keep your moms out of this but when they do have a problem with it, tell them they can't decide who you date and fall for. It is your life! You guys get along really well as I just read so I think a relationship would go really great too :) good luck!

• Thanks :)

• We went for if and we've been doing great these past three months. Our families are closer than ever

• That is amazing! So happy to hear :)

What Guys Said 5

• I say do what you want with your life, its definitely not a bad experience. just know the consequences and be prepared to deal with them if worst comes to worst, if you can't deal, at least accept them before going in.

• Best friends can make for great lovers. :)

• I think you should go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Give it a try

• Haha he actually asked me to be his girlfriend this morning

• That's great.. u know each other very well and its a good thing and also bad sometimes.. anyway enjoy

• Thanks so so much :)

• In my state, that's called "illegal"

• Okay that's wonderful, nobody cares.

• I'm just saying the truth. You asked

• Did I ask about ahe difference? I think not. Good bye

What Girls Said 4

• You do understand that the minute your mom found out she was having a girl and the minute his mom found out she was having a boy they consulted and decided you two would get married, right?

• Lol I'm dying. Probably especially since they were both really young.

• :) your moms were right lol

• Haha yeah right?

• Go for it. Your mom's friendship should be good enough to withstand whatever happens. I'd love for my kids to marry my best friends kids, in laws you actually like!!!

• Go for it, if you want

• They planned this.

• Lmao Ikr

• We are dating!!!

• Congrats hun :)