Our moms have been best friends since they were seven. Now, him and I want to date?

Our moms have literally grown up together, moved together and everything that would be an example of a cute BFF movie. I'm 16 he's 18, we've literally been in each other's lives since the day I was born. I always had a crush on him but now that he's my date for one of my proms, we talk and hang out more and I actually really like him. We have known each other for a long time so we trust each other equally and he always sees my point, I alway see his. My mom said she doesn't want us to date because I guess she's afraid of things going downhill and it gets messed up with our moms. Him and I made an agreement that we would try to keep our moms out of the relationship as much as possible. I really like him and I told my mom that if he asks me to be his girlfriend I'm saying yes. What do you guys think?

Updates:
He asked me to be his girlfriend this morning!!! I'm so happy

0|0
5|5

Most Helpful Girl

• You should totally go for it. It's your life and you choose the guy you want. It's a good idea at first to keep your moms out of this but when they do have a problem with it, tell them they can't decide who you date and fall for. It is your life! You guys get along really well as I just read so I think a relationship would go really great too :) good luck!

2|0
    0|0

• We went for if and we've been doing great these past three months. Our families are closer than ever

• That is amazing! So happy to hear :)

What Guys Said 5

• I say do what you want with your life, its definitely not a bad experience. just know the consequences and be prepared to deal with them if worst comes to worst, if you can't deal, at least accept them before going in.

3|0
    0|0
  • Best friends can make for great lovers. :)

3|0
    0|0
  • I think you should go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

3|0
    0|0
  • Give it a try

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha he actually asked me to be his girlfriend this morning

• That's great.. u know each other very well and its a good thing and also bad sometimes.. anyway enjoy

• Thanks so so much :)

• In my state, that's called "illegal"

0|0
    0|0
    • Okay that's wonderful, nobody cares.

• I'm just saying the truth. You asked

• Did I ask about ahe difference? I think not. Good bye

What Girls Said 4

• You do understand that the minute your mom found out she was having a girl and the minute his mom found out she was having a boy they consulted and decided you two would get married, right?

2|0
    0|0
    • Lol I'm dying. Probably especially since they were both really young.

• Show All
    • :) your moms were right lol

• Haha yeah right?

• Go for it. Your mom's friendship should be good enough to withstand whatever happens. I'd love for my kids to marry my best friends kids, in laws you actually like!!!

3|0
    0|0
  • Go for it, if you want

1|0
    0|0
  • They planned this.

4|0
    0|0
    • Lmao Ikr

• Show All
    • We are dating!!!

• Congrats hun :)