I'm losing weight and my boyfriend is getting more protective?

My boyfriend and I have been together for just over 2.5 years, and I've never been comfortable with my body, So recently I started dieting, losing weight the right way. I've lost about 8 lbs or so, but its already visible to people that aren't me. I've always been a bit of a flirt but my boyfriend didn't really care unless the guy took it too far. But since I've started losing weight he's been less and less comfortable with me spending time with my male friends, even if he's a mutual friend of ours.
How do I convince him he has nothing to worry about? I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. If I wanted somebody else I would be with somebody else.

Most Helpful Guy

• First I think you should try to think about it from his viewpoint. If he saw you as equals before, and you improve yourself while he remains the same, then of course he is going to feel insecure, because in his mind you are getting too good for him. This reaction is normal for both genders, regardless of who improves themselves.

As your confidence improves your personality may be changing without your realizing it, and that could be freaking him out as well. I know a really sweet girl that was anorexic. Eventually she got over it and started eating healthy, and filled out in all the right places. Her confidence went way up, and she became a complete bitch. I am not saying you are acting like a bitch. Clearly I don't know you to call you something like that, but you need to realize people gaining confidence can change the way they act, and it can be difficult for those around them to understand these changes. So there are some reasons why he could be concerned.

I don't think there is anything special you need to do, other than keep in mind his fears are not without reason. That way you don't take it personally and have this turn into a bigger deal than it needs to be. Eventually he should be able to accept this change in time.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 1

• It's the thought that other men will also notice you he's feeling kind threatened