How do you view people that have rejected you?

If you are friends with a girl/guy and you pursue them, only to be turned down, how does it feel and what do you end up thinking about them as a person?

Does it make a difference if you are not friends? Do you still like them? Or do you feel a bit of animosity towards them?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is not what people say that hurts , its what they do that matters. If someone is adult enough to say what they think or feel (at the time) and make it clear then it is generally acceptable, but if they behave like a school girl and be the exact opposite to the person you thought you knew, then that is pretty evil. What I mean is if you have broken up, but you know later they have a problem. So (as a friend) you send them a concerned email asking if they are OK and you either get no reply or a rude reply, (for example) that is unnecessary and childish. Then you realise that they were not the person you thought they were. You don't need to be enemies with people you broke up with.
    To break up and be friends should be just that. Rude behaviour does make me a little angry and I don't need friends like that. Yes, they can fly a kite.

What Guys Said 4

• I accept it pretty easily from a friend. I don't need them to explain or justify it. From a stranger, I also accept it.. but I wonder why they aren't even interested in a little flirtatious chatting!

• It depends upon how the rejection is delivered.
    When I was younger I used to go years between dates, so I know a lot about rejection because I experienced little else.
    The only rejections that caused me to become twisted were the bitchy ones. I learned to never approach females in nightclubs, because they compete with their friends to see who can deliver the nastiest rejections. Then they stand around all night moaning about "where are all the nice guys" and at the end of the night go home with some oily criminal-looking scumbag.
    I have never "pursued" anyone. I have always had the view that they are either interested or they are not. If not, I will move on. No means no and I have always left it at that.

• Got rejected once. She was very polite about it and tried to stay as friends. I respect her decision. But it hurt too much to see her in my life but not as mine. So i permanently cut contact with her a few years ago. But i still respect her :) she is in no way obliged to say yes to me even though we were very close buddies and i was 90% sure she would say yes.

• I don't, because i have never been rejected. Now my attempts at asking women out have only been around 6, but i was never rejected. Most of the time a girl will make it so obvious that she likes me its a for sure thing. Otherwise i don't ask them out. So if your not practically giving me the green light i won't land that plane.

What Girls Said 0