How do I know if a guy he's asking me out just to hang out as friends or for a date?

it happened to me many times, sometime when a guy ask me out I don't take it as a date because he didn't say it, so I say yes to go out with him but just being friends then i find out that he meant to date me. how do I know if a guy is asking me out for a date or just he wants to hang out with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• if its a date then he should specify as such to avoid any confusion. if he doesn't.. then wow okay lol.

• hmmm well it was a guy he asked me to help him in the homework so we met, we did the homework, and we had lunch. then he told his friends that he took me on a date !

• by my standards that is so not a fucking date. wow. is this guy a nerd? no offense. he needs to take you on a real date.

• lmao I agree with Macklin. I would never call that a date.

What Guys Said 2

• Have you ever tried asking? This is typical of young women. You expect us to read your mind. Well we can't so stop playing games and say what you want or expect

• Use the "D" word

What Girls Said 1

• i have this same issue lol. I'm just going to assume that if he's flirty enough with me then it is one.