Men who are depressed ignore their girlfriends or does he want me to chase him?

My boyfriend tells me that he is depressed. However, he seems to end the calls before me and stop calling for days. He doesn't text me immediately thinking that I know his situation. What do all u guys think?
Thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I suffer from major depression and am totally disabled because of it. Depression is defined as a loss of enjoyment in things you normally enjoy. If he's not going out and doing things he normally does then I would say yes he's in a depression

What Guys Said 2

• if he's depressed then he'll ignore everyone

• It all depends on whether or not you're the cause of his depression

What Girls Said 1

• Yup, That sounds like depression. He may want to seek help and will need to find out why he is depressed.
    Depression affects sex drive, social desire, energy to do things.
    It's scary when depression hits someone we care about and it is sometimes hard to understand for those not affected. I wouldn't suggest pushing him to do anything he doesn't want, but be there and support him and help him in any way you can.