Is cheating a terrible thing?

I hate comitment. I hate it because I will not be unfaithful. When I'm committed to something I put everything I have into it. But its impossible not to think of other women. I'm not saying this is bad but it makes me wonder what's so wrong with having sex with another women when in a relationship. Only logical answers please. No just because answers

Most Helpful Girl

• Cheating IS an horrible thing. In high school, my philosophy teacher told us that the problem wasn't about sleeping with someone else but the lie. I think it's true. Cheating is wrong because you lie to your partner. If you have sex with just one person, chose an open relationship but you also have to let your woman sleep with other men, that's how it works.

What Girls Said 3

• Then don't commit, or find a woman who agrees to be in an open relationship with you. The problem with cheating is you're having sex with someone else when you've already entered an exclusive relationship and made an agreement to stay faithful to another person.

Monogamy is very important to a lot of people. So, when you cheat, you're lying and going against your word in a huge way- which is a back-stabbing, hurtful and disrespectful thing to do to your partner, and the relationship you share. It's a betrayal, and causes pain and anger. Not to mention, you're exposing the other person to risks they didn't agree to take (i. e. any STD/STIs you may catch having sex with someone else).

• Don't be in a relationship if you need to sleep around. When I dated, most guys were upfront and said they only wanted sex. So I had a couple fwb. I hated it bc I needed that love that was missing. I'm loyal and it took awhile to find a relationship, but when I did I felt whole again.

• It isn't wrong to have sex with other people while in a relationship. It is wrong to do so behind the back of the person you are dating. Without approval from the other person it's not alright. They have this thing called an open relationship, if that's what you want make sure you advertise that in the beginning stages of dating.

What Guys Said 3

• If you have no problem with your girlfriend coming home to you after doing 6 guys then that's fine for you. But when you're in a relationship with someone you really love, no one else matters.. and you hope they feel the same way about you.

• Because if you are in a relationship you are COMMITTING to eachother. If you can't commit to one another then just don't get into a relationship.. wait that's not true, you could get in a relationship but you have to find a girl that is exactly like you, that doesn't want to be committed to one person.. so you'll have a normal relationship but then you can have sex with other people too.. so more a sort of friends with benefits I guess?

• Think about it. What if for some reason, you actually want to comit to a girl. You love her. So you comit. And then you find out she has been cheating on you with another guy. How would you feel? Don't say you wouldn't care, cause you would if you had committed.