Have you ever gotten into a relationship thinking "I can do better"?

Have you ever gotten into a relationship thinking "I can do better"? How did it turn out? Did you stay together or did you break up?

If not, what are your thoughts about it?

Is it okay to date someone while waiting for something better to come around?

Most Helpful Guy

• The reality is nothing on earth can ever really be good enough. So just pick something that's awesome enough and smash it.

What Girls Said 3

• If I go into a relationship then I've obviously been dating him for a while and have gotten to know him well enough to be able to decide if we're right or not. So no, I've never gone official with someone who I wasn't sure about. That is what the dating phase is for. To see if you're compatible with this person or not, and if you see you are then you make it official. It's not OK to be in a official relationship with someone and to play with their feelings by simply using them temporarily., That's awful :o But if we're talking about the phase before a official relationship then you're free to do whatever you want seeing as you haven't made formal commitments or promise yet.

• I think its okay. There's this saying "While waiting for the right person have fun with wrong ones" . Lol

• Not so much "I can do better" as wishing it was different. My last long term bf was like that. There were things about him that didn't click with me, but he was so persistant that I figured I should go for it. After all, most advice says the guy should always be more enchanted by the relationship anyway. We dated two years and I grew to love him, but he ended up being mean and the things that kept me from falling for him more at the start really ended up being problems.

What Guys Said 2

• I have. It might work out and you may start to love the person you are with, but over time you begin to think about moving forward and finding someone who is more attractive, sweeter, smarter, ect. I gave a girl a chance even though i was "out of her league" but because of this she became insecure. She felt as though i was always cheating and that's when the relationship ended.

• i promise even if you go out with some super hot girl eventually you'll look at her like ughh why am i with her its you're job to see the good in her and her job to see the good in you but you must purposely do it