Is a trophy mate fufilling to a man?

I see really successful men with women who are very pretty but not so smart (or maybe they don't show it). How can a smart and intelligent man be satisfied with a woman who is only pretty but cannot have a deep conversation with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd get bored. I like intelligent women, they can hold a conversation. Can't forget about personality.

What Guys Said 13

• Well, I would totally be satisfied with a pretty woman.

She doesn't need to be as smart or successful; The most important thing is that she is caring and loyal. Maybe that's what the successful guys are looking for. A lot of people feel like your significant other needs to connect with you on every level, especially intellectually. I don't think that's true at all.

Sometimes it's nice to just talk about mundane things when you get home. It's the same reason smart people watch reality shows.

• he's probably only into her for her looks. he's not nessisarily looking for deep conversations, he's likely got plenty of friends that can fill that void. However he can't have sex with his male friends, so thats where miss "hot and dumb" comes in. They just have her around as a sex toy. She's disposable the moment she loses her looks. Also rich intelligent men are often arrogant and competitive and one of the competitions they might have is "who's got the best arm candy"

Obviously this isn't always the case maybe she is intelligent but just doesn't show it but a lot of the time what I said is true.

• Different people value different things--just like all women don't have the same preferences, all men don't have the same preferences.

There are a handful of motivators, but in the selling world (and I found this generally works, but not always--it's a shorthand, so doesn't REALLY hit reality), there is the idea of F. O. R. M.

F = family/friends
    O = occupation
    R = recreation
    M = Money

The idea is that most people lean toward ONE of those predominantly. So find out which motivates a person and gear your sales presentation toward that.

So if you are seeing guys with trophy wives--well, what is their primary motivator? What motivation would you be happy fulfilling for a man (and what motivation of yours does he need to fulfill)? Consider where you would find the type of man who has the kind of motivation you would be compatible with and go to those places, and don't worry about the type of men who don't have the type of motivation you are happy with.

Hope that helps ;)

• It just happens, maybe this dude had a smart chick at once but he had a bad relationship. Plus i have seen now a days the oposite happen as well. One of my employees whom is mrried a girl that makes 4 times what he does. The guys the nicest guy in the world and he's the much better looking one. Pretty much he gets hit on all the time.

• Because a man like that probably have other intellectual friends etc that he can have such needs fulfilled with. A single person doesn't always have to fulfil every single need of another. It can be spread amongst many.

• Some guys want a trophy wife, because she is a trophy. These aren't the smartest guys in some ways. But, they feel good because their friends compliment HIM on how beautiful she is! Like he has accomplished something. But even those people that offer the compliment see it for what it is. The only thing I can say in the guy's defense is that a good looking woman who isn't too worldly or smart on many topics may be superior in other areas such as being caring and good with children, which is at the top of my list.

• I want both. This isn't to say she has to have looks fit for a model. Just attractive to me that I'll want to look at her everyday. The gal will also have to be able to hold a conversation with me as well. This is not meaning me explain things half of the time. That gets old really fast.

Common ground is good as well.

• It's because a lot of males believe it's hard to be with a very pretty girl. If a male manages to be with one, it is seen as a great feat hence trophy.

• Not sure you're aware of this, but the word trophy wife actually comes from female prisoners of war that the winners would take and marry.
      They brought them home like other trophies, hence the word

• @Izzy2102 No, I wasn't aware of the origins of the term 'trophy wife'. But it doesn't matter anyway because that's not the way males nowadays mean when they use the term.

• I'm not interested in trophies. I'd rather have a woman that is at least of normal intelligence. Having a trophy would suck.

"Honey can I do the taxes?"
    "... No..."
    "I was thinking I could-"
    "COUNT? No..."

• I would never date or marry someone who couldn't hold a conversation... No matter HOW physically attractive they were.

• trophies are made to be shown and don't last long.

• 1. you are making assumptions
    2. maybe they don't need to talk to them

• Simple. Wives aren't where we get our deep conversations from in the first place. Besides how could a man be satisfied with a smart but ugly woman? Finding a partner with both beauty and brains is rare. When people have to choose between the two, men and women will almost always choose the one they are physically attracted to. Brains are important, but looks trumps brains for both genders.

• I have both. And I have many lady friends who are both pretty and smart just like me.

• LOL! I love GAG because people think everyone is an ugly fat hag sitting behind their laptop typing. I don't have to prove how smart and beautiful I am. If we met in person I would turn your head and then proceed to discuss world politics. I have a degree from a Big 10 university and competed in several beauty pageants. So yeah dude I am a pretty good judge of my own worth. Peace.

• You missed the whole point of what I said. You are defining yourself as intelligent because of a degree, which I knew you were. Most guys will see that as educated, but it is not the same as being seen as intelligent. Everyone defines what is intelligent differently, so in their eyes they will always be smarter than the majority of people.

What Girls Said 5

• Because looks come first. They want someone hot by their side, to show off to their friends. Someone who they're strongly sexually attracted to. The rest doesn't matter as much.

• That is a shame. I have dated really hot guys and get bored when they can't talk to me about anything.

• @Scrambled i'm not surprised that people are drawn to other people who have interesting lives or who have done amazing things. i think it's pathetic that instead of enriching their own lives, people just lie to make themselves seem more interesting. even if it works, i think it's a sad state of affairs and i only wonder as to what type of women you guys are after since they believe these tall tales.

• Well, I am glad you think that way. Unfortunately, the love game doesn't work that way. I fell into the trap of feeling sorry for myself because of my stale love life. But I have decided to focus more on my music because I want to die a real achiever (or somebody who did their best trying) then some fake. I know however that it comes at the price of not being that good with women. Thats just how life goes. Just don't judge guys who pay for sex because some of us have no choice (just putting it out there.. pun intended)

• How well do you know these women before you determine their intelligence level, or are these just people you see in public? I know lots of highly intelligent and beautiful women.

• I'm guessing guys are shallow?
    It's not even controversial that men are more shallow about looks

• Is it really any different than all the girls on here that say "My best friend has the best personality ever, he's so good to me, and he has feelings for me now but I'm just not attracted to him. :\"

These guys are everything they want in a guy minus being pretty enough.

Everyone wants someone they find attractive, regardless of gender.

• @HorrorFan well having a general attraction is different from making the most important thing to look for, which is what a lot of men do, clearly the men she described

• Not all men are shallow.

• That is viewing someone as an object, lol.

• Most people with a trophy wife have multiple women for multiple purposes. The trophy wife is there to make men feel jealous of him and add to his power in their eyes.