When is the appropriate age to start dating?

So I am REALLY into this guy, and surprisingly he's REALLY into me. We both based it on personalities, I don't think he's the best looking but I really want to be with him. He tried asking me out but I said no, I'm 13 and I dont think kids should start dating until they are at least 15. I was talking to my cousins, they just turned 12, the boy had been with 8 girls and the girl had been with 11 guys! (Twins btw) anyway, I was so shocked! I would personsally feel embarressed to be kissing a guy Infront of my parents at my age! What do you guys think? When is the best age to start dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you feel you're ready, you're ready. I think you should say yes but don't take it to an intense level. Its a miracle he likes you back but also likes you for who you are. It sounds like you're a smart and sensible girl! Why don't you give it a shot and continue to be smart? :)
    I am 18, and I don't think age is too important, but if I had to say I think one should date someone once he/she is 16+. I'm 18 and I feel I'm ready. I don't have a bf but I'm crushing on someone :) so yeah, generally at least 15~16+.

• That is completly true. I agree completly. But im really shy to speak to my crush. Do you have any tips for me? How do you do with your crush? He is really cute but I can't speak to him

What Guys Said 5

• Well... there is not appropriate age for dating, as long as you feel ready fro it. The very act that you're asking this question, proves that you're still not ready. So just hold it off for now. :)

• I like to follow the half your age + 7 rule: Anyone you date should be at least half your age plus seven years. That makes the minimum age for dating 14, which seems like a decent compromise. I'm 32, so anyone I date should be between 23 and 50 years old.

• 18

,,,,,,,,,,,,

• you, anytime you want

if i had a daughter she could start dating once I've been dead 2-3 years

• Haha this comment made me laugh, probably what my dad would say ;)

• In college. 19. Relationship far do more damage than positive in your teenage years.

What Girls Said 2

• They should wait till they are at least 16

• 15/16. But I know that girls are very different from when I was a kid so... You do as you feel.