Going on date number 2 where I have no butterflies or excitement about it. Is this bad?

Should I not even bother dating him if I'm not feeling excitement about dating him so early? Or do those feelings come later you think? I figured I'd give it one more try with him to see if something develops. He's already there, but I'm not.

Three times the charm? What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• giving a second chance is not bad, its actually quite thoughtful and nonjudgmental of you. most girls just think if the first date wasn't perfect, then the rest won't be. they forget that on the first date, BOTH parties are nervous so that is not the real them... so its best to reserve your "judgement" or "analysis" for the second date. People that make decisions based on the first dates tend to end up badly, you are doing the right thing (and I'm not saying that because that is what you want to hear) its actually the truth. get something u can apply comparison to.

• I think that is very good advice! Thank you!

• someone's giddy lol. Im happy for you hon.

• haha yes, I can't wipe the smile from my face! Thank you again!!

What Guys Said 5

• Meh let him go. You're not doing him any favors.

• what do you mean? I'm doing this for me too. So do you think there should be that excitement on the first date in all cases? He did seem nervous. Maybe he wasn't being himself.

• Oh it sounded like it was more out of pity. Well if you're genuinely wanting to do it then there shouldn't be a problem. You shouldn't worry about it.

• thank you.

• Are you physically attracted to him?

• You hardly know the guy.

• yes, but based on the "energy" we didn't mesh very well on the first or the second date unfortunately.

• if the frist date isn;t good the chance the second will be good isn;t big in my opion

• Yeah give it another go but be straight forward and let him know you're still working out your feelings

What Girls Said 2

• The best relationships begin their beguine with Friendship so two people can nurture and nurse what could possibly be a potential relationship down the road. You have only begun dating him, sweetie, give him a chance to see if anything feels as though it Might give you that "Magic" feeling inside... It is not down a beaten path just yet.
    And if you find that there is no chemistry, no sizzle or sensation at all, you can at least be friends and just hang out and with this, friends till the end sometimes last longer than a Real relationship.
    However, it could very well nip you in the nose one day and when you least expect it, your heart has taken on a different beat. It happened once to me and like a ton of bricks, my guy friend and I were in each other's arms one nite.
    Good luck. xx

• Currently I'm in a relationship with a guy I met through a dating app. After our first date I thought "friendzone". I didn't feel the butterflies or anything. I accepted going on a second date, convinced that it would be only friendship. Let's say that after he kissed me I started to look at him differently. Now, after 1month, I feel extremely happy and I feel that I like him more and more each day. He's perfect for me. The man I need in my life. Butterflies? No. Attraction developed from a stronger emotional connection? Oh yes.

• that's a great story. But never any butterflies? Do you ever feel anything lacking in the relationship because of it?

• wow, can you have never had butterflies with him and it be right? I must be really missing something.

• I'm having the butterflies now actually. 1 month after we started to date. :-)