Who is better off getting married?

Who benefits from a marriage in your opinion?

• Both men and women
  • Neither men nor women
  • Only men
  • Only women

Most Helpful Girl

• Marriage has gotten a bad reputation over the years. But I believe that it is beneficial to both parties. Especially men when they have an encouraging wife behind him.

He would be more confident, happy and content with his life.

For women it differs because women often marry for the title (usually) and are not always willing to put in the work. But I think the right kind of man and woman can have a wonderful and successful marriage If they both work together.

Marriage is beautiful. (:

What Girls Said 4

• People who want to get married are better off getting married. Period. People who don't shouldn't for the sake of their partner.

• I guess it's pretty equal. I mean you get married because you want to get married (apart from arranged marriages), so I guess both genders get an approximately equal benefit

• I don't really fancy marriage at all. Sure you may love each other right now, but what happens later? If you ever get cold feet it's a lot easier to leave then to stay in a relationship that you don't like, and then you just end up bringing your partner down as well.

• I voted A but doesn't it statistically benefit men more in that married men live longer?

What Guys Said 2

• isn't it interesting how so far most girls think both benefit and most guys think only the girl does because we hate marriage

• I think the divorce laws need to change to make this better. But I actually found a lot of good in my marriage, better than not married as long as I didn't get divorced which isn't likely. They say that men even live longer if they are married because women take care of them or make them. It doesn't benefit women in that regard though.

• That's funny

• Marriage today benefits woman far more than men. It's a great deal for women and a bad deal for men, which is why he number of women 18-34 saying that having a successful marriage is one of the most important things rose from 28 percent to 37 percent since 1997 while the number of young adult men saying the same thing dropped from 35 percent to 29 percent in the same time. www.lifesitenews.com/.../young-men-giving-up-on-marriage-women-arent-women-anymore

• Thanks for the article. My son, who has all the qualities that would make him marriage material, has told me I no uncertain terms that he isn't getting married as it is a bad deal and he doesn't want to lose so much. Disappointing to me though.

• Yes it's disappointing that marriage is such a bad deal for us men today. I actually love the idea of being married to a good woman and raising a family with her, spending the rest our our lives together, but the reality of it is that the risks just outweigh the rewards for men today and I'm not willing to intentionally do that to myself. For women it's a sweet deal though.

A lot will need to change before things come back into balance and both men and women benefit equally from marriage. We have a long way to go.