Why Do Girls Prefer Darskinned Dudes over Lightskinned Dudes? I never thought that there was a difference because of skin tone. We still both Black!?

I'm Lightskinned & Most girls I've met told me they prefer Darkskinned Dudes over lightskinned Dudes! I got turned down by a female once just because I wasn't Darkskinned.

Why do Girls Like Darkskinned Dudes over Lightskinned Dudes? "Black Guys"

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you noticing this with a certain race? Or you've experienced this with many different girls from different backgrounds? That's actually pretty weird that you say that because I've witnessed a lot of this with girls preferring "lightskin" over "darkskin" when it comes to black guys. Either way I feel it's ridiculous for anyone to prefer this skin color over the other. It has simplistic written all over it.

What Girls Said 7

• That's ridiculous. It's one thing to have a preference but when you reject people just based off their outward appearance you're potentially missing out on someone who could be your soul mate lol. But this is common amongst Black people as a whole. I find it to be more common in guys preferring light skinned girls, but I will admit many girls prefer dark skinned guys. I'm usually more attracted to lighter skinned guys but I have never rejected someone or truly thought they were ugly just because of their skin color. At the end of the day its just skin, everyone has it, and it should not matter.

• Lol this is the exact opposite for black girls, once your skin is slightly dark they tell you it ugly. I've just accepted that people don't like it and have gotten over it.

• I always preferred dark skin guys, never thought I'd be with a lightie, but my boyfriend now, who I've been with forever now, he's light skin. Well he's mixed, which is even more against what I usually go for lol, but yea.
    I think most my black friends prefer dark skin, white friends prefer light skin, and mixed go either way.

• I never heard that. I always thought that they preferred the light-skinned ones over the dark-skinned.
    I get you, it doesn't make sense lol

• There's something about chocolate skin... I love it. They look sculpted when they're naked, it's just perfect. Especially when they have silly smooth skin.

• Because they look nice?

• what do you mean.

What Guys Said 1