Is it weird to chase after this guy? Feeling gutsy, but unsure?

I'm in a little dilemma. There was a guy I used to work with, who I thought was cute. I had a feeling he maybe was attracted to me too (looking at me, lingering around, nervous, etc.) but he was my supervisor (he's my age though) so I didn't flirt with him. Anyway, I just came back from a vacation and heard we have a new supervisor and the guy I like doesn't work there anymore. I really didn't know him that well, but I have his number bc one day he called me about a work thing from his cell instead of from the phones at work... What should I do? Since I have his number I am tempted to text him, but then again... it's kinda creepy since we only knew each other for a month or so. I also thought that if he wanted to he could have made a move, or whatever but then again he was my supervisor (he's my age though). Also, I think he thought I had a boyfriend because I got picked up from work one day by my guy friend. Idk, what should I do guys? Forget about it, or go for it? I don't wanna look desperate or anything Thanks!! Xoxo

Most Helpful Girl

• Hello there!

First of all, I wouldn't think that you were "chasing" after him if you texted him. In my opinion, it would be fine. (Although, when someone wants to let me know they're interested, I'd prefer if they called. It feels more personal.)

You said that he might think you have a boyfriend, but if you are interested in him, it's up to you to let him know "Hey, I exist! I am interested in you! And I DO NOT have a boyfriend!" Otherwise, he will never know how you feel.

Now, you might ask, how would you know? Have you ever done it? And the answer is, yes. During my 21 years of existence, I've asked out 2 guys, one when I was 18 and the other when I was 19. I asked these guys out IN-PERSON, so it was reeeallly terrifying. I was so nervous, I thought I was going to faint or die. (Dying would have been better!) And even though they both said no (cause they had girlfriends) I am so glad that I did what I did. I liked them (not at the same time, obviously), I want to let them know that I existed (one of them was in my class, so I asked 'em out! I encourage you to do the same. Don't be aggressive, but certainly let him know you'd like to grab lunch of coffee with him and get to know him.

(Also, contrary to what Thehero128 said in their answer, women are still stigmatized when taking the initiative in dating matters. If it were as normal as guys asking women out, you wouldn't have posted this question! :))

What Guys Said 1

• In all honesty, a girl chasing a guy isn't as bad a stigma as society makes it to be, there is nothing wrong with it, but use discretion... Society has this narrow minded view on this and I think it's stupid, sometimes its nice to know someone likes you and not have to play all these dumbass games... If he likes you he will retort... a fire burns wild when its burning from both sides

What Girls Said 0