I keep dreaming about my ex boyfriend. Why is this?

My ex bf dumped me over a week ago, saying he didn't want a relationship right now. I accepted it and gave him his space.

Since then, I've been dreaming about him. Last night, I dreamt that I was looking for a gift to buy him, but thought to myself that he probably would never come back, so why should I buy it for him. The night before, I dreamt I was in his apartment taking a shower and that we were talking.

I've lost my appetite for the past week and have difficulty focusing on other things other than him. I also feel nauseous most mornings when I wake up.

Why do I keep dreaming about him?

Most Helpful Girl

• While I agree with the others in this case, here are a few snippets from a dream dictionary:

To dream that you are taking a shower in clear, fresh water symbolizes spiritual or physical renewal and forgiveness. You are washing the burdens out of your life. Alternatively, the dream may be a metaphor that you are "showering" someone with gifts or love.

To dream that you are taking a shower in dirty or muddy water implies that you are feeling unclean about a situation.

To dream that you are showering with your clothes on means that even though you may change your outer appearances, it does not change who you are on the inside. Alternatively, your dream indicates that you are unwilling to let your guard down. You are still keeping up a protective barrier between you and others.

To dream that you are showering with someone suggests that there is something that you need to "come clean" or confess to this person. It is time to be honest. Perhaps the dream is telling you that you need to let down your guard. If you are showering with a group of people, then it means that you are feeling exposed. You feel that your sense of privacy is being invaded.

To dream that you are giving a gift signifies your generosity towards others. Alternatively, you may be trying to express some feeling or have something awkward to say that has to be carefully packaged. If you are showering someone with gifts, then it indicates that you are being overly pushy with your advice. Or that you are trying to hard to be accepted. If you are buying or giving someone expensive gifts, then it symbolizes the sacrifices you are making for that person. You want to make them feel important.

• Just a thought, "showering with gifts" comes up in both meanings. Is it at all possible that you were coming on too strong, and smothering him with affection?

• Also gives the impression that you feel this break-up was too sudden and that he's hiding something from you.

• You're right with most of the things that you say. I did feel that I put in a lot of effort, energy and time and that he didn't appreciate what I did for him. I might have come on too strong as well, which might have scared him away and made him think I was trying to take his freedom away. I did feel that the break up was sudden and that he didn't give me the real reason for why he wanted to stop seeing me (he came with different explanations, but I kind of knew that he was lying)

What Guys Said 1

• Cause you miss him. You're experiencing depression

What Girls Said 1

• It's a fresh break up, sweetie, you have not even begun to lick your war wounds. And with this being such a bad break up and all, your fears and tears are now coming through your subconscious by you dreaming a little dream or two about the---Man who got away...
    You are still mourning, it's bothering you in more ways in one. You are having trouble concentrating and nothing seems real with the raw deal you have been handed.
    However, time does heal all wounds, I promise you this. And when you feel ready to go out in the world and start mingling with friends, the next time you find someone who is worth being a 'Dream boat,' don't wear your heart on your sleeve until you know for sure he is a keeper, not your Weeper who leaves you crying in the shadows of your mind and body.
    Good luck. xx