If a guy is a player can he still fall in love?

So I met this guy and we got on quite well and we talked for hours and then we exchanged numbers. I know he is very flirty and is a player because I have seen him do it like hold hands with girls hug them and stuff. But with me it was different... like I've known him for quite a while now and he hasn't acting like this with any other girl. he has had his flirty moments but I was wondering could a player fall in love or will he always be a untrustworthy player?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• He can fall in love but that doesn't mean he will stop being a player. In other words, you may be special to him, but it won't stop him from playing and having other special people too

• Thanks that has helped

• I think it's possible. The only way to really know is to go for it. :P

• Yes he can with you and another but you should go for it players are good as long as you don't mind other girls he is dating

• Ok good point? Thanks

What Girls Said 2

• In most cases, being a player is a phase, and they grow out it when they reach their mid 20's to early 30's. Then they'll go through a period of being single and abstinent while they decide what to do with their lives.

• Thanks that's helped!

• Short answer: Yes, but not with you.

Long answer: It's very unlikely that he'll fall for you and it's far more likely this little exchange you're having is part of his game. He probably likes to get girls to think "maybe I'm the only one that can change him" and that's probably exactly how he gets so many girls. My advice? Don't fall for it.

If you DO decide to proceed with the relationship. I highly suggest you play him and don't let him play you. Always have the upper hand and be 3 moves ahead. Make him work HARD to get you and I mean harder than he has ever worked in his life. Don't give him any satisfaction or hint that he may have gotten your heart. Guard your heart like the government guards its secrets. Don't let him get to you until you are 110% sure he's changed his ways.