Isn't it funny how many males and females that don't want to date fat people can't say the truth about why they don't want to?

The only reason I think it is funny because they are not fooling most people and it's funny they think they can. Many males and females use the excuse,''for health reasons'' they don't want to date a fat person when in reality most but not all the time the only reason or sole reason they don't want to date a fat person is because they think they look ''disgusting.'' Females especially have a hard time admitting it online or in person during conversations. By the way I am not overweight, and have nothing against overweight people at all.

Yes, nice way of saying it, is they are not attracted to them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I refuse to get serious with someone who i would constantly have to worry about catching a heart attack, dying on me and leaving me lonely. I would also never date someone with a dangerous job whose life is always at risk for the same reasons too. I also would not date anyone who does drugs or smokes out of fear that they would die on me. I come from a family of drug abusers and people with diabetes. My aunt had diabetes and she smoked and then she died becasue her arteries got colgged up. My mom died from fucking up her heart after many years smoking cocaine and overdosing. My father is a recoveirng alchoholic and has been clean for 4 years, he currently has diabetes and high blood pressure and still eats bad and it is extremely hard for me being worried every day that he is going to die on me. I encourage him to eat better and work out and at one time he was doing it and lost a bunch of weight then he gained it back again.
    Why would i want to take on another person who constanlty has me anxious? It is just easier on me if they actually cared about their health. I work out regulalrly and watch what I eat becaseu i am scared of being unhealthy and i have explained to every guy that has persued me how I am extremely health cautious and that i am afriad of getting serious with someone who also doesn't care about their health. Even guys who are not obese i have told them the same things.

My fiance is chubby but he is not at a health risk and I still nag him about eating right and watching what he eats. He goes to the gym everyday and we have fun working out together.

why can't people understand that the point of dating is to end up with the person that you do best with? I just do not match with someone that does not care about their health. Everyone is not meant for everyone and people need to get over the fact that they do not match with a certain person. Just becasue you dont match one person does not mean your match is not out there.

• I can tell your honest but I am saying many people lie

• a lot of your questions/statements are biased towards your assumptions and are not based on any facts. You want to belive that everyone lies to fat people but unless you get out there and interview fat people and ask them "Out of all the times you were rejected, How many of them told you that it had nothing to do with your weight?" you just can't say that many people are lying to fat people. Also in this experiment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUy3_kBme4M, they found they fat guys really can get second dates.

• I am not saying to say it to their face. Poeple can just say they are not attracted to them

What Girls Said 3

• I think they'd prefer not to call people disgusting openly. I know I wouldn't want to be the straw that breaks the camels back at times.

• Well people could nicely say they don't find fat people attractive

• It isn't but that is the nicest thing to say-you are not physically attracted to them.

• That's your opinion.

• I agree I don't believe it's health issues cause there are skinny people with lots of health issues too cause they aren't careful thinking they alright cause they're thin... It's just a matter of attraction.

• Yeah. It is true that some people feel this way but many just try to sugercoat things

• I'm not going to lie. Most fat people just aren't as objectively attractive as leaner people. I can't do anything about the way I feel!

• Of you can't. But people don't need to make up ridiculous things though

• Yeah, that's true :) people should just be honest. But sometimes, things like the health reasons, are kind of valid. Maybe not for a sort of fat guy, but an obese guy? YEah, there's some health issues there.

• Yes but some people say that it like that is the only reason

What Guys Said 13

• I can't date a fat person and the answer is simple. I'm not physically attracted to them. There are still other reasons though. Overweight people typically live sedentary lifestyles. Only a small portion of them are on a weight loss journey. I've seen stories online or guys who tried to date overweight women and they'd say how they wanted to go outside and do more physically demanding things and the overweight women wanted to sit around all day. It can indeed kill the chemistry. So I do see others having legitimate issues outside of the physical aspect.

I do think though that the typical guy just can't see themselves having sex with an overweight woman though. The thought of it I'm sure grosses them out.

• I don't have a problem telling people. I don't think fat people look discusting, but I definitely don't find them attractive. If a fat girl asked me why I wasn't interested in fat people, I'd say it's because I don't find fat people attractive. I don't care what people think, it's the truth.. I'm not going to lie just to be "nice".

• I have to admit I am not attracted to fat people what so ever I find them disgusting I could never get hard looking at them and never can be attracted to them sexually EVER! I workout and have a job and I watch what I eat if you are to lazy to work , exercise or watch what you eat but still complain your fat you should STFU and change already.

• Look I'm fat and I get it. Fat people are unattractive and disgusting but I'm not sitting at home doing nothing about it. I actually get my ass to the gym and put some kind of effort to try to change it. I am overweight so it will take some time to get rid of all of my fat. I'm not asking girls to be attracted to me and I understand that they aren't. My only thing is at least treat me with respect instead of saying eww or automatically giving me a nasty look because I'm fat. Like what the fuck. Not every fat guy is trying to get a pretty girls number.

• Calm down dude, I am not saying that I think they are disgusting, I am just saying how many people are idiots in trying to be sugercoat things. I just wish people who didn't find them attractive just say they aren't attracted to them. I agree everyone should be treated with respect. This one chick was talking smack about fat people yesterday. She was talking about fat women in clothing stores.

• Well you're lucky lol

• Yeah but I am nerdy looking and women don't like that. I don't care anymore though. I want a chick that appreciates me.

• This discussion is a little lame... why people want to buy the best car, the best house, the best drink, why do we want to be the best, or look the best?

The same reasoning here, why people dont want to date fat people? because it doenst look well, thats all, why it doenst look well? because its unhealthy, if it was healthy it looked good thats all.

• Bull, most of the time it is because they don't think it looks physically attractive.

• It's the same reason why you don't go up to a group of thugs listening to rap music in a dark alley and say "I think your music is shit, like your prospects in life".

• I am not saying to say it to a fat person's face, I am just saying how many people just can't simply say they are not physically attractive to fat people

• I find it unattractive, not going to lie. The health reason can be valid. I've met women who were very big into nutrition. It would make sense that they aren't attracted to a man who shoves any deep fat fried food into his mouth.

• I'm 5'5", stocky, and about 230 lbs and even I can agree that fat people are not as attractive as leaner people. But I think some chubbidge---at the most on a a girl with a nice face---is accaptable, but that's just me.

• Well I'd like to see a fat girl keep up with me on the mountains and in the surf.

• Depends how fat are we talking obese

• I have no problem saying its because it's unhealthy and because it looks bad. Most people won't say it to the fat persons face because there's no reason to be put into an uncomfortable situation by saying it

• You want to know what's just as funny? The hate and shaming that gets thrown at those people (and probably from people such as yourself) when they DO own up to their reasons honestly. They can't win either way, so what would you prefer that they do? Not that we're alive to please you and your worldview...

• I am not saying to say it to a fat person's face

• Yeah it does. The ladies love how I look with my leather jacket on regardless if I have my glasses on or not. In person the ladies check me out big time when I have it on lol

• There ya go, man

• I see honest answers all the time on this issue actually. I won't date anyone that I don't have an attraction to and yes obese people are disgusting in my eyes.