How do I get 1 on 1 time with a girl to ask her out?

So I want to ask out a friend of mine, however I never see her 1 on 1 so I never have a good chance to ask her out on a date. should I just do it when there are people around, or should I send her a text asking her our (we don't text very much) I just can't seem to get to be alone with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not a good idea to do either in a situation like this. In this case, the best way to go might be finding something that you would enjoy doing, and asking if she'd like to hang out over text, rather than as a date. It's never good to show your romantic intentions over text, but if you ask her to hang out in a no-pressure environment, (maybe a study date, grabbing coffee, seeing a band you both enjoy) rather than a "date," then it gives you some quality alone time, and opens up the opportunity to ask her on a date in the future.

What Girls Said 5

• I think you should ask her for some casual hangouts first, like grab coffee together in the morning, study group, or board game night. Then when you guys get to know each other more, buy her a really cute stuffed toy and tie a note of asking her out on that toy. It's really easy and cute. ^^

• Well, asking her while you're around people would be too much pressure, and text, while easier, is never a great idea. I would suggest a phone call, but below you mentioned you don't have her phone number, so scratch that. When you're around her, you could find a way to get your friends to "accidentally" vacate the room, wink wink.

Just be yourself and you'll get out great!

• Take initiative to pull her aside and ask her whether people are around or not. She will find it impressive and respect you for making the brave move. No fear, only confidence.

• But then she will be pressured by the group towards whatever answer they seem to wan rather than responding how she honestly feels

• No she will not. Those are her friends and they will not judge her for saying yes or no to your question. Like I said she will love that you took the intuitive. Go for it and don't hold back!

• You should ask her if you could talk to her alone

• You should pick up the phone , And ask her out. This way , She can hear your voice. It will make it seem more important.

• I don't have her # we use the Facebook message system to text because we both have smart phones

• Oh I thought you asked if it's ok to ask her out over text , But if that's a problem. Ask someone who knows you both for her contact information

What Guys Said 0