Is she giving me a sign that she's ready for me to be more romantic?

I've been getting to know a girl for about 3 1/2 weeks now. We met about 4 months ago and had a few interactions during that time. About 1 1/2 weeks ago we talked and confirmed our interested in each other but she said she wanted to "take things slow".

I didn't have a specific timetable in mind, but I guess I figured it would be more than 1 1/2 weeks before she wanted to go out on an official date. We went out on a double date Friday then I had to work Saturday, and in the evening she called me and we talked a bit. She then said she really wanted to see me tomorrow. I was kinda shocked because she's told me she believes the guy should lead. I kinda teased and asked what she had in mind, and she said she doesn't care she just wants to see me, that she trusts me, and suggested we just hang out at my apartment and talk. I joked that I was insulted about not being thought of a dangerous guy, but she said "no you're not, I feel safe around you, that's a good thing!". So she came over, we talked for a couple hours, made dinner together.

Maybe part of the reason is that her best friend is in the same situation with my best friend. They didn't admit their interest in each other until like 3 days ago, but now they've already planned to go on an official date. Maybe her friend taking the next step has convinced her that's she's ready too?

Do you think I am reading her signals right? I feel like she's giving me the sign that it's time to do something romantic. She lives like 40 minutes away but will be only a couple minute drive away from me for a class later in the week, so I was thinking about telling her to stop by and hang out for a bit after it ends. Make it sound casual but when she arrives I'll have dinner waiting for her, her favorite tea, lights dimmed with candles, fireplace lit, flowers, and some upbeat but romantic music.

Do you think that's a good idea? Any other suggestions?

What Girls Said 2

• Well I think it a fabulous romantic cute idea and the same day tell her how much she means to you and how much you love her.

• Ask her to a romantic dinner just you and her at a nice place (not expensive just somewhere you both enjoy) afterwards take her where she wants to go whether it's to her house or somewhere more exciting.

What Guys Said 0