Playing hard to get.. to play the game or not?

I have never played hard to get before because I have never really thought it was a good idea to. But I would like to know what you guys think about it, do you think it's good to play hard to get or not? If you do, how would you go about doing it? Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't! A guy could well misconstrue the stupid hard to get behaviour as you not actually being interested. Or, he'll see you feel like playing stupid games, and lose interest.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Drove him away.

What Guys Said 5

• I would strongly tell you not to do this. The chance that your actions go across all the wrong ways are x100 more likely. As the blokes below have said, you might and are guaranteed to, at the start, drive guys away with the wrong signals. And even if you get the 'hang' of it, its still not something you'd want to do or I'd want happen to me or any guy for that matter.
    Don't do this.

As for how? I never took an interest into finding out and keep my distance from those who go about doing this.

• I don't like games. I find it immature and thus unattractive. @meatballs21 is right. You may drive away a few guys this way.

• Its a waste of time :D The only thing it does is reflect your admirers personality and yours as well, whether its persistent or not doesn't matter they shouldn't have to put in extra effort because if they really liked you they'd try their hardest. If you like them then why are you making it harder for them, shouldn't you be spending time together and not doing the opposite? Seems unproductive in my opinion

• Yeah I get what you mean but the only reason why I'm considering it now is because I like this guy and he knows I like him but he has told me once before that he is not looking for a relationship, yet he acts as if he is my boyfriend to a degree. Like we talk a lot, he flirts, he rests his head on my shoulder, holds my hand, has nicknames for me, playfully teases me etc... Do you think it would be productive if I played hard to get in this situation, or not at all? haha

• Play and flirt with other guys, if he's actually interested then he'll do something, if not then just move on I guess or continue playing games with him lol That's what I'd do.

• sure sometimes it may make him want you more. but its a risk. if you're really into him dont play games. let him know you're into him.

PS hints obvious or subtle usually do not work

• Playing hard to get is a very risky thing to do because it can backfire very quickly. If you did it to most guys, they will probably give up--especially the shyer less experienced guys. Although it can work in your benefit as well.

What Girls Said 3

• best to just REALLY have a life be busy not fake busty but live fully working hard doing things you're passionate about and meeting a guy you like he has to fit into your world. hopefully he's got a life too and you guys can work it out.

playing hard gov get is pointless bc a guy his only going to try hared if you pretend to not care is never going to be at his best just bc he likes you. you'll be getting attached to a guy who always need to see you as a challenge. something to get instead of someone he enjoys being with as is.

think about why you want a guy you have to run rom in order to attract.. that doesn't sound like a guy who has a good track record with intimacy... also sounds like the kind of guy once you're together anti me he discovers yo have a personality that you're not just prey he's going o pull the clingy or nagging or w/e card. he's used to the space of the hunt the thrill of the kill. not intimacy.

its not about whether placing hard to get will work its whether you want the kind of guy it work on.

for sex sure. for trust respect commitment=NO.

• You can but don't push it too far.

• Seeing the guys response to this is interesting... I have learned that playing hard to get definitely makes men try harder to get you. HOWEVER, don't ignore them. By playing "hard to get," I have just learned to respect their space. For one, do not text them all the time. Text them once and if they don't respond, don't text again. Also, don't be the first one to text all the time. It comes off as needy... Flirt with them, but also pull back a bit and see how they will start flirting harder with you. Secondly, when you're around them and others, don't obsess over them- engage with a lot of people. But all in all, just be friendly, flirty, confident, smile and show independent ;) This is just my experience and observation... And once I realized all this, I got SO many more guys' attention it was ridiculous -_- wish I knew about that stuff sooner, hah