Guys/girls: Is there anyone you liked/loved but felt like you weren't enough for them? Did you eventually get over them?

Just curious :) please be as detailed as possible.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a senior in high school. Met a guy when I was a sophomore and we flirted a lot, he would ask me to come over and we'd watch movies and shit, etc... so yeah I thought he liked me.
    But I was confused bc I didn't know what he wanted. He was on 3 sports teams, tons of clubs, top of the class, took almost every AP class available, went to award ceremonies, was recognized by the state, good at EVERYTHING (except, he was really shy.)

And I took a few AP classes but I was taking drugs and drinking and goofing off sometimes (not that he knew) but he would ask me why I wasn't in a certain class or at a certain award ceremony ("you're smart, why don't you do better in school, blah blah")

So yeah I worried I wasn't up to his standard. But no I don't think that's why he lost interest in me. Guys are fickle.

What Guys Said 3

• Well i think i may be in this situation right now, you see... I've never been good with girls, i've never even had a girlfriend and i'm only a junior in high school. I've always been shy around the girl i like ever since middle school. Right now i have a crush on this girl who not only has dating experience, but i don't even know what she thinks of me... i kind of think that i'm not good enough for her sometimes because she's really smart, funny, beautiful... Its hard just to look her in the eye :/ I Just want the Best for her and i just may not be that guy.. so i've been thinking maybe i should just let her go... even though i haven't really tried to get her... Idk. but yeah that's my story.

• Nope, never got over them. It was like a part of my life I know I was suppose to enjoy and hold dear.. but it never happened:-(
    So now I live with regret and shame.

• Sort of long story though.

What Girls Said 6

• yeah iv felt that one before. i actually left because of it.
    hmm u want details... well lets just say our talents were different and he was a bit of an ass about that, without actually feeling that it was affecting me.

• If someone was to make me feel that i wasn't enough for them, it would mean they just didn't appreciate me enough, so if someone didn't appreciate my presence, i would make them appreciate your absence

• Yup I had.. he's fickle minded
    I got over him but it seem like he hadnt.. he was always guilty when we bumped into each other a few times.

• Yes. I also really meant it when I told him so.
    I guess I did. I still think about the incidents that happened between us though.

• I'm in a phase like that
    Its a battle everyday to be honest. I liked and like we'll not a lot now but ye he was special to me. he suddenly pulled away and i got hurt.. I didn't feel like I was good enough. he said it was because he didn't have time for anything serious but I felt like I wasn't worthy.. so its been 9 months and we are friends and I met him in September but still I feel if I wasn't good enough for him than will I ever be good enough
    ? My self-esteem has been hurt now

• I get mad for no reason at other girls because they have what I don't and I think oh he probably like a that etc.. it's so bad I know but I've never had a real boyfriend and I'm 22 and he was in a rel for 6 years and they broke up last year
      So I'm all like I'm not good enough

• Yup. I got over him eventually. I was so trying hard to be someone enough for him but you know what, I realized that I should be myself. I got tired. I made things complicated. I shouldn't feel that way in the first place.