Does ethnicity matter?

So I'm 16, biracial, and single. I go to a mostly white school and I was raised by a white mother and a black father, but I never really noticed racism. I've noticed that a lot of the guys at my school don't date girls outside of their race, and I was wondering if this was a personal preference? I don't know, maybe this is a dumb question, but I was just wondering what you all thought. Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think guys date women they think they have a chance with. There is a stereotype that Asian women love white guys, so white guys chase after Asian women. There is a stereotype that black women aren't interested in white guys, so white guys don't bother asking black women out. So I think ethnicity matters, but is more about the guy trying to play the odds, so he doesn't have his confidence shattered by constant rejection.

What Guys Said 12

• I think its just a personal preference. Some guys don't date outside of their race and some guys only date outside of their race. And people like me who are in between. Race doesn't matter to me with who I date. As long as she is cool race doesn't matter.

• As with most things about appearance, some people have a preference, and some don't. Personally, I don't care what race/ethnicity anyone I date is, as long as she's intelligent and interesting.

Regardless, there's nothing you can do about it, so you might as well treat it like a non-issue, as it should be.

• So for some of the guys at your school, they probably only date white girls. Really, it just sucks to be them because being so close minded about other ethnicities is going to cause them to miss out on a lot in life. But there are obviously people who look beyond color and realize that love has no race. You, being biracial should recognize this. You came from somewhere.

• hMmm, I guess overall I tend to want to date white girls. Its not that I actually find them more attractive than any other ethnicity, but so far almost every girl I've ever wanted to be in a serious relationship has been in my ethnic group.
    I don't know if that is coincidence or not.

• probably they prefer to date from their own race but they're not racists

• With me it's a preference but i have no problem with interracial dating
    i can't judge someone based on their race or be a racist person that's not me

• I think to an extent, it does. We like what's familiar, and within our cultural zones.

• Of course it would seem they wouldn't date outside of their race. The school is practically homogeneous.

• Oh it exists alright. Just not so open and there's segregation everywhere.

• A bit but it's mostly hotness.

• Yup.

From what I've seen, there are basically three racial trends:

1) Men don't want to date black girls

2) White men don't want to marry non-white girls

3) Girls want to date white guys

• I'm sorry the only ethniciy I won't date is dark blacks

What Girls Said 2

• it matters to me but not as in i hate races im just attracted to some races better, like me fore example im attracted to lighter k=skinned guys, not all dark skin guys are unattractive to me im just not attracted as much, it's not racism its my personal preferance, i love ppeople of all races just not attracted to the all equally, not sayi0ng there aren't any dark skin boys thatll make my eyes pop out

• It only matters to fools and the government.