Would you date an unattractive or average-looking girl if she had a beautiful personality?

If a girl wasn't as attractive as much girls, but had a personality that interested you, would you go for her?

• Yes!
  • No...
  • Maybe, maybe not...
  • I'm not very sure.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on whether I find the girl attractive, not whether "society' does. I've dated girls that may not have been traditionally "good looking" but they had something that I found attractive about them.

What Guys Said 16

• The girl would have to have something that attracts me physically about her, but if she is a little attractive and I've known the girl for a long time then sure :).

• Yes that's the type of girls i like to date :-)))

• Dpends on what makes her average looking. If it is her own fault (like being overweight/obese), then no. If it is something she can't really be blamed for, then more likely.

• Hm... but sometimes people have a condition that makes their metabolism slow and they gain weight.

• Exactly. Because you have the dicipline to do what's needed to keep your body in shape.

For some it's easier, for others it's harder. But it's always doable, and it's always about lifestyle.

• Thank you. :)

• Really depends what you consider 'average'.

Someone doesn't need to be beautiful for me to be interested, but I have to find them reasonably sexually desirable.

• I'd date an average but not an unattractive. Not to sound shallow but if I'm gonna kiss someone and/or have sex with them for potentially the rest of my life, I want it to be with someone who doesn't look like Rosie O' Donnell. As long as they are NOT ugly then the personality is what matters more.

• Wait, do you mean "unattractive" as in *I personally find their looks repulsive*? Because then, probably not. But most people never agree with my physical preferences.

• Of corse and everyone has their own opinion so they may look beautiful to one and do you hideous to another

• No. It I don't find her attractive there is not chance for a relationship.

• I don't care about popularity, I live in reality based on originality forget looks I respect personality :)

• Unattractive and average-looking is not the, same. If the first no, if the last yes.

• if I don't get my dick up thinking about her + dirty there is no need to even try

• DEFINITELY YES YES YES YES YES! I always wanted stay by my side and support me as i save the world.

• Average-looking I guess I could, but not if I find her unattractive. I wouldn't enjoy the physical stuff if I didn't find her physically attractive, we could only be friends

• Yeah. I only met one such girl. It's kind of a rare thing.

• I'd date an average girl with a normal unremarkable personality, sadly I'm unattractive so they'd never go for me.

I've already dated somewhat unattractive women who I got on well with. Again, this is because they are the only option I really have.

I would however choose a good looking woman over average/unattractive every time, given the choice.

• Average yes ugly no

What Girls Said 6

• I am an average girl and I always have this fear that I don't measure up.

But when I think about all the guys I liked in the past, I feel a little comforted. This is because I looked at the whole package; not just their looks but their personality, whether I respected them and if they were good person. Combining all this information made me become in awe with that person, even if they didn't measure up in the looks department by societies standards.

I think this is the case for guys too. Well, I hope lol

• That is very true. :)

• It's important to work with what u have and never rely on a mans compliments or you will become a slave to it.

Another thing I realised is to take what guys say about women's appearance on here (about what is hot and what is not) with a grain of salt. The reality is far more complicated.

Good luck!!

• There is a big difference between unattractive and average looking. I would totally date an average looking guy. I couldn't date someone I'm physically not at all attracted to.

• True. If he was repulsive... sorry, I couldn't do that. :c

• I couldn't do that either; I need to be somewhat physically attracted to the person I'm dating.

• Personality is what really counts, if you go for an attractive person and they are an asshole then what's the point of being attracted to them.

• That's true to an extent, but would you really date someone if you aren't attracted to them. Same goes for the reverse, why date someone if you don't like their personality.

• I'm dating someone who isn't that attractive I've actually fallen for his personality

• Not likely. I've got so many guy friends who think I am great and they say I have a wonderful personality but I am not attractive enough for them. I've never met a guy who can look past my face. What happens is I meet these guys for a date, and they enjoy spending time with me but not enough to date me. One of the guys I was originally set up with is now my best friend and I just set him up with a girl. Unfortunately that's the life of an unattractive person.

• I would love to say yes, I really would. But truth is Im a shallow bitch.

• Girls should already know the drill if you not hot and don't treat men like shit most guys do not appreciate a relationship with a good woman.