Why do some girls like "bad boys" and overlook the sweet guys?

I see this all the time. Girls getting their hearts broken by jerks, then they wonder where the nice guys are. It's because you pay no attention to them!

Most Helpful Guy

• If you ask me, everything is ass backwards in romance and society.

If you like a bad boy, personally I think you're an idiot. You're entitled to your choices, but I'm also entitled to think you're a fucking idiot also.

Sweet guys can also have lots of flaws going for them sometimes, often times these guys who claim they are nice are only nice because they don't have much else going for them (they're fat, lack social skills, boring, etc). They're also huge hypocrites. Many guys will complain that a girl is shallow for rejecting them, and that they should love them for their kind spirit. When in reality, that very same "nice guy" has never bothered to even look at a girl who is also fat and slobby, but with a nice personality.

What a world huh? Self-blind hypocrites.

Then you have people like me, people who see the game for how mentally fucked up the players are, how stupid the rules of the game is, and just want to wash their hands of all the stupidity and sit in a corner away from everyone.

• Exactly! Thank you!

• Pretty true a lot of the time, man. But doesn't mean there aren't real nice guys out there :3

• Yeah. :)

What Guys Said 11

• People think that bad guys are fun and exciting, while nice guys are boring, which is totally wrong. There's no relation between being a nice person and like to have fun.
    Many girls think this too so they choose the bad guy because they think they're gonna have fun and also they can change them to be a nicer person, but without losing the exciting part.
    Most women want a nice, sweet guy that's exciting and fun, because they know they're gonna be treated right while having fun.
    But at your age not many girls realize this, anf they think the stereotype is true, so that's why they choose a bad guy. When they grow older they'll realize what they actually really want, which is usually what I said before.

• Because particularly at a young age, attractiveness and excitement are the forefront while reliability and respect take a backseat.

• It's because they're GIRLS. They're immature, and attracted to ba boy behavior. Honestly, it's just good. It ensures the few good guys get a first grab on the genuine girls, and doesn't need to worry that much about any girls they find being a bad girl.
    So really, it's mutually beneficial.

let's keep it that way, mkay? They'll grow up in time and learn. But by the time they learn, a lot of the good guys have allready found a good girl. So they get what they deserve XD

• Lol. XD

• Yup.

• if only more girls actually learned this.
      Then again, if the girls learned this, it'd be the girls hurting the nice guys... and knowing nice guys, that'd be even worse...

• its what they become attracted too during a phase or span of their life and they eventually grow and mature and come to a realization.

• Bad boys: take risks, always challenge girls (girls love it, ''i so hate him against me ;)'' ), make interesting stories (wouldn't bore the girls), might have good knowledge share
    Sweet guys: Quiet, shy, scare to offend people's opinions, appear to be undecisive, but willing to listen, shows empathy..

Girls are getting hearts by jerks because they haven't found the middle one
    The best ''nice-badass'' guy

• It's cause bad boys are more exciting, but not so good for stable relationships. Meanwhile nice guys are much better for stable relationships and less likely to break your heart or screw you up, but they aren't always very exciting, I guess.

I don't know what's exciting about a guy who skirts the law or ends up in juvy several times before he's even old enough to get put in jail, but that's what girls tell me anyways.

• It makes me really sad.

• Well it makes me happy that some girls like the nice guys, lol. Even if some of those girls are not such great girls (example, my last two attempts at relationships)

• Well I'm currently with a nice guy, and I love him to death.<3

• "Some girls" is an understatement. I didn't find a girl who actually appreciated nice guys until 23. I originally met her on here actually. I love you @pennyroyalty :)

• I met my boyfriend on social media too. :)

• My up. :)

• Yup. :)

• Some girls like the drama that goes along with them, some are just really pysically attracted to them.

• Oh great, another "nice guys vs. douchebags" question.

• This was asked before? :/

• What @Vesuvius87 and I are trying to say here is it is the dumbest debate of all time and is just for insecure males to whine.

• Lol yea... but I'm a girl, and I just feel bad for the girls who get hurt.

• happens, what to do?

• You are right of course, but you are one of the very few women who are honest enough to actually acknowledge it.

Why do women prefer jerks? I think females are genetically programmed to prefer very confident, charismatic, narcissistic guys because those guys have historically been more successful in the world than "sweet guys", which means the women who choose those those men had a greater chance of passing on their DNA.

• I've never thought of it like that.

What Girls Said 5

• Why do good guys think that by being a bad guy makes them more attractive to the female sex? Whose to say these bad guys are honestly, bad guys? Where did the term bad guy come from? A bad guy in my opinion would be a man who has a record that would make my mother spit up her beverage if ever sipping one while reading his criminal record. That's a bad guy.

Don't allow your assumption, that sweet guys are overlooked because girls like bad guys, take you out of the game.

• It makes me sad, because my boyfriend is a sweetheart. He has never hurt me and it just saddens me that sweet girls get their heart.'a broken. :(

• This is entirely me.
    I date people that basically are my bestfriends, that I've known for a while seen how they act. When a guy starts talking to me and shows interest in me and compliments me, acts sweet, etc. I lose interest. I want people that know me first, I'm the type of girl that goes for humor, that goes for the type of guy that'll make fun of me and I can make fun of back, some one that laughs.
    Don't get me wrong there are nice and funny guys but usually the "nice guys" people refer to are all they are, nice. And I need more emotion and more sarcasm and more sides than just nice.

• All the so called good guys I know are worse jerks than the jerks. They put on good fronts till they get you.

• :( You must not know very nice guys then...

• I guess not. I know this guy he's was the sweetest man ever until he started dating my friend. He treated her like a queen for the first 8 months, then he showed his true colors. Hr started beating, controlling, and became very jealous. None of us didn't believe her until she was in the hospital and he was in jail for beating her. He had everyone fooled. He was a so called good guy.

• See, it's guys like that that make the actually genuine guys look bad.

• They probably don't want a wimp hahaha

• Nice guys aren't always wimps. :(

• why spend time worrying for the nice guys like who cares big jerks need loving too

• True. I was just generalizing.

• The media imo. I never liked jerks. They don't deserve my love.