Low Maintenance Relationships?

Does such type of relationship exist? I read someone's question or comment this past week in which they mentioned their preference for a low maintenance relationship. I'm pretty sure thats the perfect relationship for me bc I'm not a touchy lovey dovey gal & I'm always busy.. hardly any time between work and dealing with caring for an aging parent with many illnesses, im not interested in relationships, but thats not say Id never ever be interested, but def. Pref. low maint. .. Sounds quite manageable lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• A good relationship is a low maintenance relationship because everything is as it should be, you're well matched. Of course relationships require work to keep them going, work like being patient with your partner, understanding that everyone has bad shitty days, supporting your partner, but the actual day to day stuff? The interactions? They should always come freely and easily , that's the joy of being with someone, that feeling of being at total ease with someone and not having to try really hard to make it work.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah, I totally agree with what you're saying. I'm pretty much in the same situation as you minus the sick parent situation. I don't have a lot of free time, even to just sit around and text. I certainly wouldn't be against having a relationship; I just don't have the amount of time available for lengthy daily communication.

• LMRs are the only thing that would work for me right now, but girls don't want that shit, in my area at least.

• Low maintenance doesn't reffer to not needing to spend time with the person.

It reffers to not needing to invest a lot in the form of money. highmaintenance would for example be a girl demanding you to pay for all the dates, pay when out shopping, pay for this, pay for that and so on. While low maintenance simply means they pay equally when together, and that she either doesn't really fancy spending money like craxy and rather want to do things that doesn't cost a fortune, or that she pays for stuff to herself with her own money.

Also it's used about relationships where you spend little time "fixing" things, like sorting out arguements or fighting. It's low maintenance because you don't need to constantly fix it or work to keep it together.

• Interesting, thanks for your input.

• I guess that's one way of interpreting it. I'm against having a relationship where we don't spend time with each other, and that's what I interpreted LMR to mean. But I would be okay if it were "Low Maintenance" in the sense that we didn't need to go on expensive dates, or that we can accept our small differences and not have to fight about them all the time.

• You get what you put in I guess. It varies for people, but if you truly like someone, it wouldn't feel like work. You feel alive when with them!

• Low maint = low dedication = shallow relationship.

But if you want, I'm sure people like that exist. I just don't know why you would want it.

• Fuck I love that expression. That should be the new thing.

What Girls Said 1

• Relationship is something that makes your life easier. There is no pushing.
    Partners are people who know you need your life too.
    I don't know what they call this. I never heard low maintenance description but right person would respect your life and your daily struggles. They support you, if you need space they will provide too. Because right person wants your happiness. That is all about it.