Let's talk about text etiquette?

I've been on one date with a girl I met online. She's about a 7, nice body and all. I'd rate myself about a 7 or 8, I'm above average. When I text her, or she texts me, she's always giving short answers like "great", OK or just a smiley face. Yet I'll put more effort into the text so it's not boring. I hate when she is lazy and gives one word answers. I know it's not because she's too busy or because she's not attracted, she was all over me the other night and tells me I'm on her mind. So why do chicks gotta be so lazy and selfish with texts or phonecalls? It's super annoying.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she just doesn't like texting?

• That's what I was thinking and I'm gonna just straight up ask her.

• Yeah I'd just ask her. Sometimes I am also just not in the mood to be talking to someone, and just don't want to text as well so it could be that - but usually in that situation I read it and just don't reply for hours, and pretend I didn't see it

What Girls Said 2

• Have you tried calling her instead? Some girls will only send short texts back to guys if they're trying to send the message that they'd like to actually talk on the phone or meet up for a real date. It's possible that she just doesn't like texting or that she's trying really hard not to appeal desperate or needy, or maybe she actually is busy with other stuff- it'll be a lot easier to gauge her interest in you through more personal forms of communication.

• because they song want to overwhelm boys. They don't want to feel annoying if they text much or they might also be making the gut don't think she is crazy for him.

What Guys Said 3

• Text is for laying down your cards and setting up dates for interactions to happen
    Anything more than that is basically unnecessary unless you send her A ''missing you'' text suprisingly let her think about you OR use it as foreplay to spice things up!
    That's the fact from my perspectives.

• I hate the one word texts

• There's no etiquette with texting friends', but a gentleman is always a gentleman, and you never know, by being so, you ay end up setting a trend for her!