Did I offend him by posting something on Facebook?

so this guy im kinda seeing, his mother died from breast cancer and i posted this thing on Facebook about disney princesses who were recreated and had scars on their chest to support breast cancer, and ever since i posted that he seems kinda mad at me.. i took it down but i dont know if he is offended by it

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see what is wrong with this, he is probably overreacting. But when a relative has died, they reach a stage of anger, where they get annoyed at themselves and other people because they're just generally unhappy. It might have not been the right time, I doubt he wanted to think about it very much and the picture might have flicked something, especially coming from a person he feels close to. Once lost a mother, the next person he would go to is a girlfriend, the next woman in his life, for support. This might be why.

• this makes a lot of sense.. she died 3 years ago and that he's accepted it as much as he can but i understand that it could be a soft spot

What Guys Said 4

• Another reason I hate Facebook. Look at it this way, before face book and the internet etc, would u have walked around to see him at such an upsetting time and gave him a picture of this disney princess to show your support? Or would u have been there to listen and chat and send a condolence card and flowers?

A guy near me recently died in a car crash his daughter is still seriously ill and Facebook was full of messages of RIP etc, with isn't something I would want to see personally. He is raw with emotion just be there for him he really doesn't care at the moment for breast cancer support pictures. Im not having a go and im sure u mean well but like I said look at life prior to Facebook and what u would have done then and I bet it wouldn't have been this.

• i didn't know him when she died (3 years ago) and it wasn't meant for her directly it was just something that i liked so i shared it

• dont be sorry its my fault :)

• Lol just a mix up on both sides then. Good luck with him but I think he would be a little wrong if he is in a mood for it with u. Talk to him about it u need to sort it out and clear the air.

• I'd kind of be offended too. I've had several people who were close to me that died of Cancer. You don't see me posting crap about Cancer on Facebook though. I mean seriously, is posting stuff about Cancer on Facebook going to actually help any Cancer patients? No, it's not. I'm sorry, but the crap people post on Facebook just comes across as very pretentious. I see people who enlisted and served in the military bitching about the United States going to war. I see people who neglect their kids and leave them to be raised by their grandparents post crap about child abuse or what a great mother they are. I see married people who sleep around on each other post crap about being loyal to the one you love. I see women who take oral contraceptives, THE LEADING CAUSE OF BREAST CANCER, post things about supporting breast cancer by not wearing a bra, and stupid shit like that.

• i know it won't cure it, i just thought it was a nice tribute that no matter what illness you have you are still beautiful.. you probably find it offensive but im not reading into it when i post it.. i liked it so i shared it, thats all

• i get where you're coming from and appreciate your opinion, but it was just a spur of the moment thing that i saw and liked and shared.. and not all women do the things that are harmful to their health AND its a fact that guys can also get breast cancer and they dont take birth control

• Well things such as that and Gynecomastia (the development of breasts in men) tends to be linked to other medications or recreational drugs such as alcohol. You say "not all women do things that are harmful to their health." and I agree, but I never said that. I said 85% of women of reproductive age are doing so, which is sadly a huge majority. And of course not all of them will experience problems, but keep in mind the longer you are on the pill, the higher the risk of blood clots or cancer gets. So even if just a small portion of that 85% experience those side effects, that's still many, many women. I understand you definitely didn't put that much thought into this when you posted that, but that's exactly why it comes across as pretentious. You post something exclaiming that you care about a very serious topic, but really know nothing about the cause of said topic, thus making it seem like a very shallow attempt to look sympathetic.

• I doubt it that you offended him, it was all for supporting breast cancer
    but you need communicate with him to see what he says

• I wouldn't necessarily think the two are connected, but talk to him about what you're feeling.

What Girls Said 1

• It might be a sensitive subject to him since he's experienced a lot and he reacted

• im afraid of that, i just thought it was a nice tribute to those who suffered from it but i wasn't thinking about how it might affect him

• You should let him know how u feel it's better than letting him assume thing and make a conclusion about it. He could be wrong and angry at you for the wrong reasons
      I'm sure you didn't mean to hurt him