Would you fly across the country to meet a guy?

Would you fly across the country to meet a guy? My friend introduced us, we've texted everyday for 5 months, no phone calls, he's asked me to visit multiple times bc I have extended family out there, but hasn't offered to come to see me bc he doesn't know anyone in my state. I want to go, but part of my feels crazy flying out to see the guy...

Most Helpful Guy

• Life is worth living. What do you think you'll regret more? Going out to see him, or never seeing him?

• I feel slightly desperate bc it seems like I'm doing all the work. I know we'll have a great time, but I worry about what happens after the trip... Where will the relationship go? Will he put in the effort to do long distance? Am I going to get hurt?

• LDR's can only work long term if you can see each other on a regular basis, IMO. I text a lot if I'm into the girl.

If you have no plan to see each other every 2-3 months (which is expensive considering your distance) - I don't know if it's going to work out as a "forever" relationship. If you could see yourself moving or he can see himself moving, then it could work.

But that's thinking way far ahead. Go out and meet him and have fun with him.

• Thanks! This is super helpful!

What Guys Said 2

• I am most likely gonna meet a girl I know who is from a different country. I think it will be worth it for me and her so I definitely will. I don't think it is crazy of you to see him at all. For me I don't feel like I am doing all the work because she has a few reasons she can't see me in my country which all make sense and are fine with me. So go for it :).

• I almost did fly for a girl lol but now it all seems like a horrible nightmare?

What Girls Said 6

• Yes! You never know what will come out of it.

• Alright! Here I go! Thanks for your answer!

• Yes as long as I know he really is who he says he is, sounds like SUCH an awesome person to talk to, and have a good feeling about him. :) I'd say why not if you don't see anything negative about him. :D Good luck!

• Only if he pays for your ticket and your extended family picks you up and you stay with them. I'm assuming you don't know him well at all?

• If he pays for it lol

• No I won't, he must do that not me

• I felt that way initially too, but I think the regret of not going will feel worse.

• @Asker if you go you will show him you are easy to get

• I would if I have the means! Go for it. Don't miss out on chances.