Does being 'exclusive' mean boyfriend and girlfriend?

So me and my guy are 'exclusive' but does that mean that he is my boyfriend?

He doesn't like the idea that other guys approach me or ask me out and I told him about a guy and how I turned him down. It involved referring to my boyfriend (my guy)... When I told my guy, he didn't really say anything about me calling him my boyfriend he kind of just continued with the convo. So now I wonder...

• Yes
  • No
  • Sorta, I will explain below.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's what it SHOULD mean, and the majority would agree, but there are some that would not. That's why YOU should clarify things like this before you agree to them, just like you would the terms of any agreement or contract. Hell, guys clarify the terms of silly bets over $5, often in great detail, before they agree, and your relationship is more important than that, right?

Note too that some people will use that kind of ambiguity to manipulate their partner into a more strict level of compliance than they themselves are willing to be held to. In other words, he doesn't want guys talking to you, but he can still talk to other girls, because he never explicitly said he wouldn't (just a hypothetical example.)

So, sit him down and have a talk, and ask him exactly what it means to HIM, and then tell him what it means to you.

• I have ensured he is only talking to me... I definitely understand what you mean though. Just wasn't sure the difference between exclusive dating and being boyfriend and girlfriend.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes but with an easier out clause. You can just move on when you want and not really care if you break it off. Not my personal feelings I would always end it even if it was just a text before moving forward. But from what I have seen and experienced this is how most people view it.

• No exclusive generally means 'exclusive'. Exclusive means that you are not dating anyone else. Him asking you to be his bf means bf and gf

Simply

• Not official till its on Facebook

• When you you ask him if he's your boyfriend and he says yes then you guys are boyfriend and girlfriend... Have you ever heard a couple refer to themselves as anything other then bf and gf? Exclusive means your not seeing people and is a step down from bf/gf

What Girls Said 2

• I would assume the same thing honestly... If he isn't acting weird about it then don't stress it honestly.

• It usually means its a serious relationship, and you only date each other, and no one else , you could ask him what his definition of exclusive is