Does having sex on a first date a good or bad sign for the relationship?

If you go out on a date and have sex with that person after, do you think it'll strengthen or weaken that relationship?

• Good Sign
  • Bad Sign
  • Depends on the person

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say that having sex on the first date is not the best idea. I think that you need to explore your relationship before you get too intimate. If you think that this might just be a one off thing then I don't see the harm, but if you think that this could go places then i suggest skipping the sex and keep it in your pants.
    Some people get put off by the come on too quickly and think that you are just after one thing. So personally i wouldn't, just wait and see what happens.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it depends on the person because if you do there is obviously some physical connection there, but it can be really tricky to sort out feelings afterward and separate sex from a relationship, especially since you are getting intimate so early on. In most cases I wouldn't say it's the best approach if you are avoiding getting possibly hurt or are dedicated to getting into a serious relationship with a person, but otherwise if it happens then it does and that can be great :)

• I think it depends on the person. If both want it then I don't see anything wrong/bad about it. I personally wouldn't though :)

What Guys Said 2

• it really shouldn't matter, but I would say it depends on how traditional both parties are.

• Why have a relationship if you can get sex without it. The only reason to have a relationship is if it is the only way you can get laid.